Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

For all players but mostly for Beginners..

Have been talking to Thunderheart..today...and he sent this PM...I do have his agreement to post..so please no flaming...I have to say in my opinion he has summed up pretty much some golden rules to follow and inspire you young players..hopefully if you heed his words you will stick with and improve your game play...

Well done Thunderheart and cheers for the chat...

Though his reference about himself was directed at me...the principle applies to all players about any player.

with you out there, sending the fleet out for safety is just part of the " normal" rules in the game play here;
- yes you can have fleet
- yes you can use it
- no you cannot leave it down
- no you cannot FS from the same spot twice , when you've been spotted

I mean , I can cite several more simple rules, that come to the game play, but these 4 should be followed by everyone and the whole deal would become a lot more interesting to everyone!
do I make mistakes, sure! do I sob about it, no...it's a game...RL stuff happens...fleet crashed? begin again!
I mean...how many times did I appear on the board on the " wrong" side? Okay it was hardly ever epic, but then again...I lost my share, am still here...
true I sometimes send out for longer periods, but that has to do with my schedule. Do I know if I can play tomorrow? (really play, not just collect the rations) no? then send out till Tuesday...that stuff...

coming to think of it, some more rules apply that beginners should be aware of;
- accept to loose your fleet 5 times over in the 1st year
- accept you'll loose your defences and daily rations about 10 times in the 1st year
- accept you'll loose a moon, more than once
- no you cannot loose planets
- no you nor your account can physically die from the ordeal, so smile, you're alive!
- accept, that if you stick with it, you will eventually get the hang of it and either survive or become a hunter yourself!

reason why many quit, I think is they cannot or will not stick to the simple stuff
yes, we slip up...but you get up and start again
Everyone in the game, that has lasted for more than a year, knows this and has lived it (some more than others)

If you follow half of these principles you will find you will do so much better...

Re: For all players but mostly for Beginners..

some people quit because they are getting hit all over the place, sometimes because they are legimitately being farms, and sometimes because they were being bashed into submission (during a war or w/e)

there are also a number of people perfectly happy to do damage but not willing to take it.
RL has been a b****. maybe for once I can stay around long enough to make a name for myself...

~the V-mode Fleeter~

I agree with most of what you said except for this...
Gozar wrote:reason why many quit, I think is they cannot or will not stick to the simple stuff
Not really the reason...I think it's more that there is a player (This applies to every universe...was number 1 on standard and speed for quite some time....) that is literally so big, that you have no chance of touching them. You can play as long as you like, you'll never get bigger than them. As long as they don't just sleep all day every day they will always be bigger than you. They have more buildings, more income. More research more raids. More fleet, more kills. People join this game see how they get 10,000 points in a week or more with the new guys then look at number 1 and see someone somewhere between 21-180,000,000. Yeah that's a pretty heavy hit on the morale for the vast majority. The few that stay usually commit to not ever being a rival to them...or the rare few decide to go after it.

A shame you are not allowed to say who this player is D, I would love to know the one that was in Standard.

But I understand you can't that you cannot say.

Yes, makes sense, but perhaps I am in a different mindset to others. Perhaps it's a generational thing, I don't know. If I see someone at the top, I will endeavour to make it to the top and make it past them.. It might happen in a week, more likely in a few years, but to me that's the challenge. I will get there, one day.