i see a lot of inactives have been vmoded...

:? :o :o :o :o so I see that a lot of players magically came online at the same time and v moded :D
players that have been long term inactive since I started playing extreme. so tell us why you removed players with no fleet or defence that were farms.... removing farms impacts negatively on us(the players) which in the long run impacts negatively on you (the admins) so what is the point of putting all in actives into v-mode?? forcing us to stop playing a lot of people will assume.... :?

Re: i see a lot of inactives have been vmoded...

yeah
noticed that too...
it's not just "a lot" it's a major action being taken at the moment...

if it is Zorg cleaning up or for any other reason, I would've liked to see a heads up on the action at least
I'm not feeling like I'm entitled to anything, but would've been nice to know up front the farms were about to get shut down!

Zorg, I am incredibly disappointed in this decision, and unless it is reversed, I will quit, and I expect many other players will do so as well.

I am disappointed on two main accounts:

1) This decision does not appear to have been discussed with the player base anywhere... you just decided to shut down inactives out of nowhere without asking for the opinion of the players or how it would affect them or offering any explanation... this lack of communication is, I'm sure you can understand, incredibly frustrating.

2) It should be obvious that this will negatively affect smaller players and make their growth almost impossible. Raiding inactives is one of the only ways for players with small accounts to grow quickly... and shutting down long term inactives suddenly makes quick growth for smaller players almost impossible... And this, in turn, is bad for everyone... fewer up and coming smaller players means less for fleet hunters to hunt and fewer active players in general. Players with large mines who rarely raid may not be bothered by this at first... but, in a few months time, I believe it will become apparent to all that this poorly conceived action was the final nail in the coffin for an already dying server.

This is possibly the worst decision I have seen Zorg make.
Last edited by Pulsar on Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm also curious about this. Could the admins please explain the reasoning behind this and if this will only impact the Xtreme server or other ones as well?

This in particular would hit new players where it really hurts as they wouldn't have the fleet to turn fleeter right away, as some raiders might be able to. (I'm not gonna lie, I'm a raider. This also hurts me and some other big/medium players.)

Thank you.

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

Pulsar wrote:Zorg, I am incredibly disappointed in this decision, and unless it is reversed, I will quit, and I expect many other players will do so as well. .
I know Pulsar, she's not kidding, and I might just join her.
Now... this kind thing exemplifies what is wrong with this game. We play because we have fun, and we enjoy the social aspect this game offers that its *ahem* competitors may not, but seriously... these kind of crazy decisions which will obviously serve to make the game slower and significantly less enjoyable to smaller players are, as Pulsar said, frustrating. It's evident to me that whoever is running this is not in touch with the player base. If you don't care about us, we'll stop caring about you, and poof, there goes the money you make of rubies... however much that is.
I hope that the higher-ups will reverse these v-modes and move for the consideration players' opinions before taking actions analogous to this in the future.
Ari, the kitteh with all the power.

Way to kill the server Zorg...I do hereby declare Gozar the winner and have vmoded all accounts. Dumbest business decision ever made, unless you want us all to quit, then expect a refund of all rubies purchased.

Have a nice day, when this stupid decision is reversed, I still will not be back.

Megamedes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Everyone was fair warned that certain accounts would be vmoded....if those accounts happened to have been "fed" 50 rubies to avoid deletion then I say fair enough....Can only see that some are upset that their "cheap" 50 ruby moons are gone....I really don't see the problem....it affects us all...less farms maybe....less raiding maybe......more fleeting? Hopefully ....Anyway, blackmailing Zorg into reversing a decision made ages ago seems a little daft imo.......deal with it and change play style accordingly.......bar Ezio, I only see MOC complaining.....and btw some comments about Zorg will lose rubies....it loses 100 rubies everytime u use someone elses ruby moon....now times that by how many players use inactive ruby moons and you might just see what the problem is ....

yes indeed Sprog, great way to show your lack of longterm view...
AZGD mops up the leftovers over the next month and you can play around with every single noob that tries getting some ships...
but the server will die off pretty soon after that.

and only MOC complaining? sure , we voice our opinion, just as you do.
this decision has nothing to do with what alliance you're belonging to, so do not make it an alliance matter, since it's a server matter...
"blackmailing" also not true...no one blackmails Zorg, since we don't have any leverage on Zorg to blackmail him with...
and ages ago was this week...you age fast man!