Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: For all players but mostly for Beginners..

It's one thing playing a game to win, i.e be number one. But then, it's another thing playing to have fun. You can be as low as hundreds of ranks lower away from the first player and still have more fun than he does. Obviously, if your goal is to be number one, it's a seemingly hopeless quest. Those players have been playing 4 to 5 years. Some 6. You don't expect to come and fly right up to the top. Just like in real life, we will always have people at the top of things. The richest, world best athletes, musicians and all.
But as a new player, learning how to survive in the harsh condition of Zorg universe is about the most fun you can get. And it gets interesting if you get to a point, where you can say, even the biggest player here can't do me ****. That is of course if you follow all the rules of staying alive. As you increase more in rank, you become more desirable to kill. So, they will be all over you.
But, **** happens at times. In the event that you happen to violate a rule which led to your demise, it shouldn't be the end of the game. Take a break to rehabilitate, come back and fight again.
And you should be happy when you get crashed small, you get to learn from that which got you killed. That knowledge will be helpful when you are big except if you are a forgetful learner.
I can still remember an event in which I was crashed right before my eyes. I was raiding peacefully, and then i missed an update. Then this guy probed around and found me. He launched and then I dodged it. I continued raiding, and this guy kept probing. I had no idea he had put a colony beside me. Then all of a sudden, as I refreshed my overview screen, I saw a T minus 3mins inbound attack. I was like WTF! When he first launched, it was 7mins away. I checked where he launched from, it was right beside me. The mistake I made was waste that 3mins window to evade him successfully. Instead of making a quick fleet save with everything long away, I did a dodge again. And right after he missed the second time, he launched another wave, and that got me. There wasn't enough time to move.
Before then, I had no clue what roamers were. But after then, I always check my neighbourhood when i'm found and I don't want to pack up yet. See, lesson learnt. And so many other lessons were learnt too.
The point is, have fun with the game, keep growing. And don't forget, it's just a game. Some people take matters at times too personally which make than look like idiots. Take for example someone naming a planet "burn in hell 'player that crashed him last' " That's just ridiculous. I have said enough.
Samuel out.....