Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Unresolved moon questions

I have now completed my annotated moon thread link list, in a different thread. As I have noted there, several questions, as best I can tell, are still unresolved, based on my having read every post in every thread in the list of 56 threads. I will repeat the unresolved questions here, in more detail. If anyone can give definitive answers to them, it would be much appreciated, and I will add the information to my annotated list thread.

A. How can friendly moon shots be within the rules if one of the players doesn't need/want a moon?

The milking/pushing rule applies to moon shots, so if you trade moon shots, you have to equal out the cost. However, various questions remain unanswered:

1. If two players each want, say, 3 moons, and one player gets his moons in 5 shots, but the other player gets no moons in 5 shots, is the second player out of luck, or can the first player keep giving moon shots till both have the same number of moons created?

2. The player attacking in a moon shot is supposed to get the debris field. But with equal shots, can each player just gather the DF at his own planets, much more efficient for both players?

3. If one player wants moons, and a more advance player, with all the moons he wants already, is willing to help, can the advanced player give the less advanced player moon shots and be reimbursed with resources for the cost of his destroyed fleets and deut consumption? Can he be reimbursed with rubies? Is there any way to do this legally without reimbursement?

B. If a fleet is traveling to a moon, but the moon is destroyed before it gets there, what happens to the fleet?

Straightforward question, but no one seems to have an answer yet.

C. If trying to destroy a moon with DS, do multiple DS's increase the chance? Does graviton tech level increase the chance?

Some have said 1 DS is just as effective as a dozen in trying to destroy a moon. Another gives a formula that says the number of DS sent affects the chance of destroying a moon, as does the level of the attacker's graviton tech. Does anyone know which answer is correct?

Re: Unresolved moon questions

A. Moon shot trading is currently a free-for-all with little to no monitoring being performed by the Admins. That should change once GO's are instated but right now milking and pushing rules only apply to those that wish to honor them.

B. The fleet will travel to the destination planet since the moon is no longer there.

C. Moon destruction chance is the same as moon creation chance- its a percentile probability. So, one, three, or a dozen DSs doesn't really matter.

A:The miking/pushing rule is placed to limit unfair resource gain through trading.
1. The number of moonshots you give is what really counts. It does not matter if you give him a moon or not.
2. There are various ways for moonshot trading. It has been discussed before (your annotated list is still daunting for me XD).
The attacker doesn't need to take up his own debris. You can both take the debris from your own planets.
3. I'm not sure with this one. But I highly doubt you can use Zorg Rubies for trading resources.
Seasons end.

Oloros wrote:I have now completed my annotated moon thread link list, in a different thread. As I have noted there, several questions, as best I can tell, are still unresolved, based on my having read every post in every thread in the list of 56 threads. I will repeat the unresolved questions here, in more detail. If anyone can give definitive answers to them, it would be much appreciated, and I will add the information to my annotated list thread.

A. How can friendly moon shots be within the rules if one of the players doesn't need/want a moon?

The milking/pushing rule applies to moon shots, so if you trade moon shots, you have to equal out the cost. However, various questions remain unanswered:

1. If two players each want, say, 3 moons, and one player gets his moons in 5 shots, but the other player gets no moons in 5 shots, is the second player out of luck, or can the first player keep giving moon shots till both have the same number of moons created?

the person recieving additional moonshots could pay the other the amount of deut it costs to send war ships and destroy the planets ships.
2. The player attacking in a moon shot is supposed to get the debris field. But with equal shots, can each player just gather the DF at his own planets, much more efficient for both players?
if you agree to teh same ship balance, say each send 100 BS at 223 LC,then yes, you can each pick up the DF on your own planet. It will be equal.

3. If one player wants moons, and a more advance player, with all the moons he wants already, is willing to help, can the advanced player give the less advanced player moon shots and be reimbursed with resources for the cost of his destroyed fleets and deut consumption? Can he be reimbursed with rubies? Is there any way to do this legally without reimbursement?

Yes, the main rule is tht neither player gain a profit, so you could simply reimburse for the cost of his fleet destroyed + the deut cost to launch.

B. If a fleet is traveling to a moon, but the moon is destroyed before it gets there, what happens to the fleet?
Actually, two different scenarios have played out. One, your fleet is lost (only happened once that I can vaguely think of) and two your fleet will simply return.

Straightforward question, but no one seems to have an answer yet.

C. If trying to destroy a moon with DS, do multiple DS's increase the chance? Does graviton tech level increase the chance?
More DS (RIPS) will increase the % chance but you also increase the risk of losing more RIPS if the mission backfires.Graviton is for one thing only, to unlock teh ability to make Death Stars.
Some have said 1 DS is just as effective as a dozen in trying to destroy a moon. Another gives a formula that says the number of DS sent affects the chance of destroying a moon, as does the level of the attacker's graviton tech. Does anyone know which answer is correct?

while even 1 DS CAN destroy any moon, it is based on percentage based on amount of DS and size of moon.
while this is not the only strategy, 3-4 sets of 2 RIPS each seems to have pretty good outcome and minimal loss.
There currently is no oversight as to moon shots and whether players are being honest, but these are some answers that do not simply disregard the rules because of that shortcoming. The rules apply to everbody but the integrity belongs to you.
Last edited by adressor on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.