Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: Destroying a moon

you can deploy your fleet on your moon to defend and you can build defense by making shipyards and buying cannons and turrets. as for creating a moon you have to have a large fleet fight above your planet. so many ships must be destroyed that would create a large DF and a moon will form with odds of 1% up to a max 20%
You can't stop me I'm on a boat!

Purchasing defenses for a moon is a waste of slots.

And sending Death Stars is a crap shoot- especially against a larger one. You have just as much chance killing a moon with one DS as you do a fleet of them. You also have a good chance of losing your DS when you attack a moon (even an undefended one).

the reason i ask is because i wanted to make a system of them with jump gates and if someone can just send a DS and destroy it i would have to hold off for a while. I still dont understand ship combat and how it works when 2 BC can kill 5 BS and 3 large cargos. I am hoping the combat simulator will help me out when its made.
You can't stop me I'm on a boat!

I believe the question asked is this:

Are the defenses of both planet and moon activated when either is attacked ?
Or do they defend themselves individually ?

PS: I too would like to know ;)
"Good is better than bad because it is nicer" - Mammy Jokum

Defenses only defend the host rock that is moon defense defend moon and planet defense defend planets.

PS: this thread has been long inactive the owner is not around. before the moderation takes place try to stay on active threads :) I believe the moderation would put it as grave digging :)

hope there is no warning issued for this.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

SPY said:
Defenses only defend the host rock that is moon defense defend moon and planet defense defend planets.
And he is right, as I am against spending resources on Defense, all you need is be active and have a fleet capable of defending your resources and load them in case you can not beat the incoming attack, with it you can defend multiple Planets and Moons, be sure someone will try pop your Moon only after seeing your fleet there, I believe that Moons between 5 and 8 K are the best as there is a big risk for the attacker to lose his rips due back fire if he sends a much bigger force than needed, so he will send a number of rips that in most cases can be beat.

Just for fun there is a scenario:

you have loads of resources on your Moon and your planet. so a raider decide to attack both at the same time as he noticed you can not load all of it, and the amount of resources are enough to cover with a good profit his losses even if he lose one of the squads. In the other hand you see that you can win if you confront one of the squads with all your war ships with minimal loss.

So what would you chose to defend, the Moon or the Planet ?

the attacker is hoping to win with the raid and that covers his expense for the fleet loss. to defend the res you should send ships to take down the fleet that is attacking your moon as it hordes the resources. in this way u save both ur resources and u also crash the attacking fleet. let the attack on the planet lay. i am assuming the scenario involves that you cannot move resources from planet to moon or vice versa, if that is not the case then move all your resources to one place either moon or planet and defend that place.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.