Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Lunar Base

OK, I may just be an idiot but I'm trying to figure out how to build a lunar base, there are not pre recs on the tech page and there is no build lunar base option on the buildings, shipyard, defense, or any other page that I can find, I've also attempted to lauch ships to the moon but that is apparently and impossible mission, any help would be great, thanks

Re: Lunar Base

A moon does not exist in advance. It has to be generated through creation of debris in the debris field of your planet. The only way to create debris is if a battle takes place at your planet. According to the number / size of ships destroyed, the amount of debris has some chance of creating a moon.
At the bottom of a battle report, you will see the following phrase:
"Probability of creating a moon: 3%". The largest of battles can produce up to 20% chance of creating a moon.
Once created, the moon is visible in the galaxy screen like a planet. The only difference is that it's located in the moon slot.
The moon has only one field. There, you must build your lunar base in order to expand the fields and be able to build anything else on the moon.
Destroy it and in three days I will rebuild it

This is very usefull information, thank you.

Although i do wonder where you achieved such information? As i cannot pin point the exact location...or is it just pure experiance?
The pen, when correctly used can be sharper than the blade.

Da92hippo wrote:This is very usefull information, thank you.

Although i do wonder where you achieved such information? As i cannot pin point the exact location...or is it just pure experiance?
Experience, I believe.

I just slowly picked it up from others.

Urweirdsaysi wrote:
Da92hippo wrote:This is very usefull information, thank you.

Experience, I believe.

I just slowly picked it up from others.
Fair enough^^ Well now im part of the group that knows about this then^^ That is good^^

Ive read around and i saw that a lunar base expand 3 space per level, isnt there any max lvl to this? I lack the experiance on this so^^ Just wondering if anyone knows what the maximum space is.

Also, once i build a lunar base does this extra slot count for the moon or the planet the moon is connected to? If it connects to the planet that would mean i can upgrade more of my buildings on the planet as my lunar base expands? or does the space increase on the moon so its like step one for everything like in colonization?

Also, once i build a lunar base does this extra slot count for the moon or the planet the moon is connected to?
it expands the slots on your moon. a teraformer expands the slots on your planet.
Greatness isn't bestowed; it's chased. And only the best catch it.

ah so i have to rebuild from one on the moon? So its just like another planet with unlimited space...or untill i dont have enough resources to upgrade the lunar base^^

Yes. But it does get very expensive so the ONLY thing you should build on moons are Robot Factories, Sensor Phalanxes and the Jump Gate.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Istalris wrote:Yes. But it does get very expensive so the ONLY thing you should build on moons are Robot Factories, Sensor Phalanxes and the Jump Gate.

-Istalris-
Thank you, i will keep that inmind^^