Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: Moon Creation [Not what you think it is :)]

fishpondadmin wrote:It works on a probibilty of 18% normally. If you can defend 50bs in one round and destroy them you create an 18% chance of a moon, so normally if your lucky if 5 raids of 50 bs come towards you, you will have a good chance of creating a moon.

But you might also be unlucky and get nothing.
Ah... so it is cumulative then? And do you have to destroy them?

The percentage/chance in Standard is 19%. Having said that, again, for the non ruby buyer/user it's very unfair.

At this time, in Standard, I have been dillegently hitting one of the members of our alliance, I think the record in our alliance was 18 attempts at one world, I think this record (at least for us) is soon to be broken. The player in question is a non ruby user in this "free to play" game. Free to play, yes, but at a MASSIVE disadvantage to the ruby users. 19% chance????

If I get a response it will be to explain how this random 19% chance works. But for this player, I feel that he's getting so fed up with this situation that he will quit. So, a good, very active player might be leaving the game. Great stuff.

why if someone is not able to buy Rubies have to deal with low chance moonshots and 5k moons?
as Oz said : it is free to play
but with current conditions it is "More Rubies-More Play"
just imagine someone starts a new account
alright he needs at least 11 moons
imagine how many moonshots is needed for creating 11 moons
then what ? small or in best conditions medium moons while Ruby buyers can create a +9k moon in no time
while Ruby buyers can have 1 extra planet
ofcourse there should be some extra features for Ruby buyers but not what is now
this is game of Ruby buyers and Rich players for now
Edit : and most unfair extra feature is big moons with Rubies
Light is Easy to Love
Show me Your Darkness

First,
The real cost of a moonshot, if you include the DF collection is not that great. You just need to find the amount that gives the maximum chance per universe (its easy). Then, simply collect the DF created every time. If you still find this cost big, then a moon is not yet a viable option for you.

Second,
There is no special functionality for chances. It's pure lack. 19% means that on average, you will get 1 moon per 5 tries.

Third,
Regarding the complaints about rubies. The game needs rubies to operate. We are operating on a very expensive server which provides us a secure,stable and fast game. There are more costs involved. Given the chance, you might here player A saying he gave X amount of $$ this month and it might sound like a big figure to you. Truth is that the monthly costs of this game is a lot greater from what the highest spender gives. We rely on small sales to multiple players to survive and we barely meet this amount every month. So, we need income. In order to get this income, we have to give some buffs or else no one will buy.

Still, I reject that it is unfair. In a universe like Standard, which runs for 7 years and 4 months now, rubies are more fair than ever. Without rubies, a newcomer would never had the chance to close the gap with the leaders.

Standard has managed to survive for this long with this setup with no complaints when the universe was fresh. I cannot see how it can be worse now. Time plays the utmost importance for rubies strength so if it was good in the time it launched, then it cannot be bad now. It can only be better.

Now, if you cannot afford a single ruby, then you need to make this up with activity and time spent in the universe.