Re: STOP ACCOUNT DELETIONS

Just as a small reply to Buzzard, something I have said plenty of times but obviously I need to keep telling it (help out guys :P).

We read all PMs and all emails. We simply do not respond to everyone. We reply where we can. When you have something in mind for an existing issue, General Discussion is always the best choice.

Some may think we are not doing our job well, some may agree and some may not. What I keep telling is that we need to be positive. By the time you take the time to post in these forums I know that you want the game to progress, I never question this. Just do the same when thinking about admins, we do want the game to progress as well.

Zorg wrote:We read all PMs and all emails. We simply do not respond to everyone. We reply where we can. When you have something in mind for an existing issue, General Discussion is always the best choice.
Just an idea from networking protocol, have you considered just a simple 'Ack' or something similar in reply so when we take the time to send a message we know it has been read even if you don't have time to, or aren't going to form a response?

In order to achieve 24/7 support, we do use mobiles. We got a central webmail that cannot be used through mobiles, for security reasons. Whenever an email is sent, it is usually read within minutes. The ones needed to be responded immediately, if no one is at office, might be responded through the personal mail of the reader (usually only the Project Manager does this). The rest are forwarded with a priority for the next morning. According to load, vacation time (especially national holidays which is different than yours) and time you send it (again, we are on different timezone than you) the message might end up unresponded if it does not need a reply.

Especially for reports, we have a policy where we TRY to avoid to reply. We do state this where possible. The reason for this is that we want to limit you to reporting. Players should remain players even when reporting something. You do not have access to the administration tools we have. So, when reporting something, we will only contact you back for extra info. From there after it is our job and replying back gives false impressions. We do not want you to expect a reply because most of time time we cannot share information.

We have chosen to keep penalties and administration actions private. If you want, we can open a new universe (of flag one of the existing) as a public. All administrative actions regarding discipline will be published.

Finally, the simple answer received and read could do but as I explained in the first paragraph, it is not always convenient so we skip it.

Btw, this is getting off topic. Let me put it ON-topic again and please keep it this way.

Account deletions for now are in controlled state and not executed in mass. Exception is X-TREME universe where we try to close the gap down to 45 days. X-treme will also be the first universe to re-enter this status. We want to slowly reach this state for all universes in about 6 months from now so plan ahead.

I will post a relative announcement when more massive deletions resume in the rest universes. This will happen when population is thriving again. We are on the rise right now and we need your help to keep going. Some people want a new universe so we have to push as much as we can to fill the gaps in the current ones.

IF you are waiting for a NEW universe, please join one of the existing ones. The pace is good, you will find it interesting. In the same time, it will help us speeding up preparations as right now our focus is the current universes and probably a Massacre reform as discussed in another topic.

Thanks ZE :) just something i thought id bring up... quite a large number of players use Inactive moons for fleet save.. (i do too). What happens if i sent my fleet on a long f/s to a moon with an acs depo, and that inactive got deleted during the f/s period? That could cause a ton of bugs and errors, and fleet might even disappear ... who knows, id have to run some tests with other players to be sure, but i doubt the result would be good. Whats your plan for this ZE? And how does the community think these sorts of occurrences might be avoided (other than not using inactive moons, as f/s costs go up many mill for me if i send it beyond the same system).
Cheers