Re: Milking&Fleet Crashing on retirement

Zorg wrote:Continuing this discussion...

The fact (happened in Massacre Universe):
1)MrSinister declares his retirement on the forums.
2)MrSinister crashes his fleet on Contruga
3)MrSinister (or anyone else who got the account) has continued played.
4)MrSinister account has been banned.

The outcome:
We are considering to remove all earnings from contruga for this particular case.

We are also considering to completely forbid this tactic from now on as we cannot keep policing such accounts over time (we cannot keep track if one has truly retired or not).

We will also forbid pulling for members outside alliance in order to police these transactions easier.

For this reason we will change the wording of MILKING rule so it will make crystal clear what is allowed and what is not:
Current wording of Milking wrote:Milking is a form of cheating. It is the intentional movement of resources between two consenting parties. No player may knowingly send resources to any player unless it is done during a trade in accordance with the Trade Ratios posted on the forums (Trading). Once within a 24 hour period a higher ranking player may send the equivalent of 1 hour of production to a lower ranking player (Pulling). Once within a 24 hour period, a lower ranking player may send the equivalent of 1 hour of production of each planet to higher ranking player as long as they are in the same alliance (Buffing). Moonshots, DF collection and Mercenaries payments are considered as Trading.
Proposed wording of Milking wrote: Every account must be played to its own full benefit. Anything contradicting this is considered MILKING. Both accounts involved in a milking case will be banned permanently.

-No player may knowingly send resources to any player unless it is done during a trade in accordance with the Trade Ratios posted on the forums (Trading).
-Once within a 24 hour period, any player may send the equivalent of 1 hour of production of each planet to any other player as long as they are in the same alliance.
-Moonshots, DF collection and Mercenary payments are considered as Trading.
To completely forbid fleet feeding (with moonshots excepted, if you please) seems reasonable. It is milking, I believe, any way you slice it. It takes two to tango, however. Where it is clear that a fleet has been deliberately delivered another player, that other player is no less culpable than the party feeding him.

To have pulling only within an alliance is a measure that I wholeheartedly support

Revision of the Milking Rule:

My hope is that we may have a discussion topic open for the subject?

I have policy suggestions, plus suggestions for wording clarity regardless of whether my policy suggestions are accepted or declined.
Ní mar a shíltear a bhítear.
Ní féidir maraigh tú an Dullahan
Níl luibh ná leigheas in aghaidh an bháis.

Zorg wrote:Continuing this discussion...

The fact (happened in Massacre Universe):
1)MrSinister declares his retirement on the forums.
2)MrSinister crashes his fleet on Contruga
3)MrSinister (or anyone else who got the account) has continued played.
4)MrSinister account has been banned.

The outcome:
We are considering to remove all earnings from contruga for this particular case.

We are also considering to completely forbid this tactic from now on as we cannot keep policing such accounts over time (we cannot keep track if one has truly retired or not).

We will also forbid pulling for members outside alliance in order to police these transactions easier.

For this reason we will change the wording of MILKING rule so it will make crystal clear what is allowed and what is not:
Current wording of Milking wrote:Milking is a form of cheating. It is the intentional movement of resources between two consenting parties. No player may knowingly send resources to any player unless it is done during a trade in accordance with the Trade Ratios posted on the forums (Trading). Once within a 24 hour period a higher ranking player may send the equivalent of 1 hour of production to a lower ranking player (Pulling). Once within a 24 hour period, a lower ranking player may send the equivalent of 1 hour of production of each planet to higher ranking player as long as they are in the same alliance (Buffing). Moonshots, DF collection and Mercenaries payments are considered as Trading.
Proposed wording of Milking wrote: Every account must be played to its own full benefit. Anything contradicting this is considered MILKING. Both accounts involved in a milking case will be banned permanently.

-No player may knowingly send resources to any player unless it is done during a trade in accordance with the Trade Ratios posted on the forums (Trading).
-Once within a 24 hour period, any player may send the equivalent of 1 hour of production of each planet to any other player as long as they are in the same alliance.
-Moonshots, DF collection and Mercenary payments are considered as Trading.

So what happens? The dozens of "retired players" who are active now don't get banned...No Admin Baiting.-DR, for accepting to take this account...

I can name at least 15 of those cases (from about a year ago) if asked to do so, including all details.

You can see 20-50 more by reviewing all retires in CRs...
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
- Marcus Tullius Cicero

May we revisit discussion of the Milking Rule standard? The discussion appears to have died.

We have since had other crashes on retirement, and from an ethics standpoint I find it distressing.

I propose a total ban on fleet feeding - and,

I propose a discussion thread to language of Milking Rule revision.

In order to be crystal clear to everyone and to avoid misunderstandings.

If you choose to crash your fleet in retirement, your account will be deleted. If you want to be able to come back at some point to your account, you must not crash your fleet.

Also, to avoid problems, it is best that you send an email to webmaster@zorgempire.net to take care of the deletion of the retiring account, especially if you are either the receiver or the retired player.

(The decision above is the result of this discussion here and I am just summarizing it)

Zorg wrote:In order to be crystal clear to everyone and to avoid misunderstandings.

If you choose to crash your fleet in retirement, your account will be deleted. If you want to be able to come back at some point to your account, you must not crash your fleet.

I thank you for this.

I hope it may not be deemed brazen effrontery for me to sound one discordant note - It is not my desire to tax patience:

However, several of my teammates (forgive me, but I'm not alone in being contrary to some degree) share one concern -

Most retirement fleet crashes have a single beneficiary. The fleet crash has arguably the goal of advancing that beneficiary in-game. I still entertain a hope that s/he who benefits, and for whose benefit it is staged, may be held equally culpable. Is this a possibility?

This shall be my final word on the topic. Again, I wish not to tax Admin patience in my penchant for being persnickety.

Thank you.

The players have said that it is the right of the fleet owner to decide what to do with his fleet. It is not an administration decision other that we chose to respect players decision.

The only thing that we say is that we will make sure it is a true retirement and not a fake one, thus why we will enforce account deletion for accounts that chose to crash their fleets.

On the other hand, while the possibility for someone to play with this in mind is high, we cannot know therefore we cannot enforce it. It remains for the playerbase to condemn any such practices which are expected to be anyhow few; it takes a sick person to do this. For as long as it concern us, we have already eliminated the possibility to do this on trade with the control over account swapping.

Thank you for this explication. I am appreciative of controls in place.

Retirement rule updated. Here is the rule fully with past and new additions:

1.A retirement crash will result in account deletion. If you want to keep your account you must not crash your fleet.
2.Anyone who receives or conducts a retirement crash of at least 50M total damage, must inform administration via email at webmaster@zorgempire.net in the following form:

Code: Select all

Title: 
Retirement Crash on <Server Name>
Body: 
Retiring player: <username>
Receiver: <username>
All relative battle reports.
3.Switched accounts are not allowed to crash their fleet on retirement.

Involved accounts that violate this rule, will be terminated.

DISCLAIMER:
This rule is a follow up to the MILKING RULE which primarily states:
Every account must be played to its own full benefit.

Therefore Fleet crashing on purpose is ILLEGAL, whether is on retirement or not and this is why it will not be included in the Rule page.
Any player conducting a retirement crash is subject to the sub-rule either he is aware of it or not.
The sub rule only exists to give the choice to the fair player, who truly wants to retire, what to do of his own fleet.

Any attempted taints (even if they are not mentioned here) will be regarded as an attempt to mock administration and fair players everywhere. The penalty for this will result in instant termination of any involved accounts, including players that were aware of the deal but did not report it.