Design Plan

Hi all,

In this topic I will try to gather all details for our forthcoming universe:

BASICS
==========

Name: ZE Reloaded
The new universe will use the brand new account system for logins. This will be introduced soon.
The new system will allow:
-1 login for all universes
-Each switching between universes
-1 wallet of rubies for all universes

Launch Day: Not finalized

Battle Engine V2.1 will be used (Latest Engine we made, currently active in Massacre Universe since Jun 2015)

Map Size:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-9 Galaxies
-300 Systems
-15 Slots

Game Speed:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Buildings construction: 10x
Technologies research: 10x
Ship/Defenses speed: 8x
Fleet Speed: 6x
Resources Generation speed: 3x
Resources basic Income: 3x

Other Information:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Planets allowed
Every player will start with 1 planet. To expand, he will be able to open new slots by researching Colonization Technology. There will be no limit in how many players one will have but technology cost will increase exponentially.
-Colony ships: x10
-Probes: x4
-ACS Attack + ACS Defend

Protection rules will apply up to 10,000 points. As long as players are within this range, they will be able to engage players within 5 times their size.
The limit of 10,000 points will rise gradually every week by 10,000 points. There will be a hard limit at 5 Million points (which will be reached approximately after 10 years).

-1 point = 5000 Resources
-Planet Size Cap: 325 fields
-Homeworld size: 273 Fields

Plus Policy
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-No Imperial Support
-War Bonds (used in Generals, these are not available to ranking leaders)

Gameplay Differences
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Fleets in air count in Stat ranking (not possible to hide fleet)
Storage Dens (Protect resources on planet)
Expeditions reform: Fleet destruction no longer possible, awards are no longer a hidden puzzle calling for people to solve it, new ship type: voyager will play the leading role in rewards, rubies will be among the rewards.
Defenses regeneration moved to 90%, extra tech to take regeneration to 100% (0.5% per level,maxes out at lvl 20).
No Bashing rule
Weekly awards
Military bases (limit equal to the number of planets/2) - Planets that cannot have mines.
Automated transport routes (to transfer resources where you like easily)

More concepts will be revealed in the days to come. Anything written here is subject. Your feedback is welcome and will be taken in mind.

Re: Design Plan

The speed details look reasonable. I like the colonization tech and the introduction of military bases.

My biggest concern is fleet always counting in rankings. This is not a change I want to see at all; hiding fleet is a strategic part of the game and watching for fleets on the rankings is a big part of how fleeters hunt. I've argued strongly against this change many times in the past. If this is implemented in the new server, I'll be vey disappointed. If there were one change I could make to the current details, it would be keeping fleet rankings as they are in the other universes (so fleets only show when they're on the ground).

I am also not quite sure if such high protection is a good idea; I'm curious what others think about this. My other concern is the high defense regeneration. A tech to increase generation is reasonable, but 100% defense generation is simply too high (sorry to repeat myself from a previous post). My biggest suggestion if defense regeneration is increased: IPMs need to be able to target moons as well as planets.

Again, my biggest concern is about fleet points always showing. Please reconsider this change.

Protection cannot work flawlessly with current system. There have been examples where players took advantage of this to bypass protection repeatedly.

Another issue is that we want instant point updates as we will be introducing various missions (especially for newcomers). Which means that while there will still be global rank updates, active users doing missions for example, will need rank update. This update cannot exclude fleet in air.

Another issue is that current system indicates when your fleet is probably landed. This increases the chance to lose your fleet when you are offline and missed a fleetsave. No wonder that most of fleet crashes in the game happen in this way.

IPMs will not target moons but moons will not have defenses.

Zorg wrote: Another issue is that current system indicates when your fleet is probably landed. This increases the chance to lose your fleet when you are offline and missed a fleetsave. No wonder that most of fleet crashes in the game happen in this way.
This isn't an "issue" with the system, from the perspective a fleeter. It's a vital part of the game and how fleeters hunt and track other players. Yes, it means it is more likely for a player to lose their fleet if they make a mistake. But this is part of game strategy. Fleeters need tools like this for tracking players, and this has long been part of the game. Likewise, hiding fleet is a strategy to keep your true fleet strength hidden from the enemy... making ninjas more viable, in many instances. There is a balance to it. Changes that eliminate nuanced strategic elements like this from game play are what I'm talking about when I say I'm concerned the new server will be made too easy to the point where it does not have as much appeal to veterans... I can only speak for myself, but this change would make the new server a lot less appealing for me. If I don't have any tools for hunting fleets and profitable PvP becomes more limited and difficult, a large part of what I enjoy about playing the game will be eliminated.

That said, I do understand the protection issue. Other fixes for this problem have been suggested in the past. Might it be possible to keep track of the fleet statistic but not show it on the rankings unless the fleet was landed? I understand the code would be a little more complicated, but I'm sure things could be arranged so that fleets still only show on the rankings when they are landed, yet fleet counts are factored into protection calculations regardless of whether or not the fleet was landed. Each player would effectively have two scores associated with them in this system: a visible score that shows in the rankings and on their playercard (this visible score would only show points for landed fleet), and a separate "true" score that is invisible to other players and would take into account all fleet (fleet that was in the air as well as landed fleet) and would be used to calculate protection and determine who players can or cannot attack (and who is able/unable to attack them). This would solve protection issues while leaving the strategic elements of game play involved with hidden fleetpoints unaffected. Could something like this be a viable option? (I hope I have explained what I am envisioning clearly enough.)

Zorg wrote:Another issue is that current system indicates when your fleet is probably landed. This increases the chance to lose your fleet when you are offline and missed a fleetsave. No wonder that most of fleet crashes in the game happen in this way.
It would be really poor game play if you could hit a player while on line unless they just happened to be away from their computer (which I have been lucky enough in the past to do a few times). As you state the most common way is to hit a returning fleet where the owner is late on for it's return. The reason for the lack or almost non alternative type of hit being a Phalanx, is the introduction of Ruby moons, this has removed a very important option of the original game...and is a huge shame as many players will never get to do this fun part of the game, and almost makes phalanx a pointless option with in the game, as all moons are now used for is to hide a fleet that most players know can not be touched..not the original point of this game... a really huge loss in my opinion.

Fleet scoring always showing shouldn't really affect the hunting and killing on downed fleets. It makes it harder because you are not prompted every hour on the hour, this makes the fleeter's job more active and time consuming which is how it should be.Instead of getting tips for free from the system you have to actively feel out all your opponents and probe them throughout your day as well.
I believe this creates more balance because if you have fleet saved correctly you will not harmed but you will have time coordinates for your opponents but, if you have not fleet saved you will be gozed over in a fashion. It would be who ever was more aware of their opponent.

But as a side not would transportation routing cause a problem with phalanx hits?

Well, think of them as normal fleet moves which will not cause anything different to phalanx.

They will work like this:
1.You set the route you want (ie From planet A to planet B)
2.You set what to transfer (ie Metal from planet A to planet B)
3.You select ships to use.
4.You confirm the route

All routes should start at the top of the minute. Once the top of the minute arrives, your ships (if any) will begin your route plan.

Here is a complete example:
1.You set 10 Large Cargo to move Metal from your nearest colony to your Mother planet, whenever the colony metal is more than 1 000 000
2.Your colony reaches 100k metal at 15:34:32
3.At 15:35:00 10 Large Cargo are lifted from your Colony to transport 250k from your Colony to the Mother planet.
4.Your fleet arrives at Mother planet at 15:48:34
5.At 15:49:00 it will lift again to move back to the Colony
6.Upon arriving to the colony, it will resume again only if the criteria is met.

Generally, we can add a lot of options to it. Like starting fleets to be from a moon, which will go to planet X to pick resources, will deliver them to Planet Y and then return to the moon.

Or we can add options to keep the ships at destination point.

In this particular universe, fleet crashing, hopefully will not always be a blind move. Even if you have a lot stronger fleet, it might not be prudent to attack that specific planet because of the strong defense structures. This is what will make all the difference, making missiles important, plus of course the deadlier battle engine - the one currently employed in Massacre.

Ephemeral wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:46 pm
Fleet scoring always showing shouldn't really affect the hunting and killing on downed fleets. It makes it harder because you are not prompted every hour on the hour, this makes the fleeter's job more active and time consuming which is how it should be.Instead of getting tips for free from the system you have to actively feel out all your opponents and probe them throughout your day as well.
I believe this creates more balance because if you have fleet saved correctly you will not harmed but you will have time coordinates for your opponents but, if you have not fleet saved you will be gozed over in a fashion. It would be who ever was more aware of their opponent.
It will affect hunting, actually. Dramatically. Fleeters need both passive tools (that allow them to watch quietly without detection) and active tools (that allow them to watch in a more active, but perceptible way, e.g. espionage). Fleetpoints always showing will take away one of the main passive tools available to the fleeter, that is the ability to quietly watch an opponent and take note when the opponent leaves fleet unattended. If fleetpoints always show it may become more a matter of luck who happens to stumble across or spot a downed fleet... I disagree that this will add balance to the game; in fact, I think it will do quite the opposite. The role of the fleeter is already a very active one... to suggest that it needs to become even more active, difficult, and luck dependent is to misunderstand how fleeting already works.

In addition, fleetpoints always showing will make it more difficult to hide fleet and will thus make individual ninjas more difficult... but then again, I've said this all before... Obviously, this is one of the proposed changes I strongly hope is not implemented.

Pulsar wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:54 pm
Ephemeral wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:46 pm
It will affect hunting, actually. Dramatically. Fleeters need both passive tools (that allow them to watch quietly without detection) and active tools (that allow them to watch in a more active, but perceptible way, e.g. espionage). Fleetpoints always showing will take away one of the main passive tools available to the fleeter, that is the ability to quietly watch an opponent and take note when the opponent leaves fleet unattended. If fleetpoints always show it may become more a matter of luck who happens to stumble across or spot a downed fleet... I disagree that this will add balance to the game; in fact, I think it will do quite the opposite. The role of the fleeter is already a very active one... to suggest that it needs to become even more active, difficult, and luck dependent is to misunderstand how fleeting already works.

In addition, fleetpoints always showing will make it more difficult to hide fleet and will thus make individual ninjas more difficult... but then again, I've said this all before... Obviously, this is one of the proposed changes I strongly hope is not implemented.

I feel that having a prompt every hour to narrow down your hunting field every hour as a passive tool is a little silly and it may be luck to stumble across a downed fleet, or it may be a well designed espionage routine or simply looking for the *'s and making note. I have been spotted based solely on my *'s many times and have also spotted fleets by the *....