Re: Alleviation of Super NOOB problems.

There is a 3'rd option, increase the noob protection threshold from X5 to X10. this will give supernoobs lot's of problems trust me... cause in standard a full moon jg and research system gets you to about 250k in fleetsave and this puts you in range of 2.5 mil players

I highly recommend pissing yourself, followed by a course of praying to your impotent god.

In Xtreme no moon builds count towards game points a moon can have loads of builds including JG lvl 5 and if destroyed the player looses no points...yet if there is a defence they will...never understood why moon builds do not get removed or added to total...so the options you speak of does not apply in Xtrems.....btw I can only guess your research system as you call it means Sensor Phalanx..? again makes no difference.

All besides the point as is increasing n00b protection...would not matter other than at this point only players below x5 of 199.99 k points are protected..eg..less than 40k...as this is the lowest lvl super n00b hides at..

The main point is and should be that NO player should be allowed to remain in n00b protection for ever...there must be a time limit imposed to prevent this exploitation of a game rule...

Does standard even have super noobs? I can only see two players and neither of us is really "super" and also some insights to super noob problems Having a fleet that everyone wants when it is landed mean always in motion means deuterium, Which in standard is hard to come by with the exception of a few places.So in order to comanbat this either long fleetsave which it doesn't even matter is you are a super noob because in standard if you are flying Ruby moon to ruby moon chances are great that it 100% safe until land, which leaves you unable to attack or Rubies which is good for Zorg. Also Oz the super noob on X have 250X the fleet size of the "super" noobs on Standard.

I agree that it should be fixed, and I have suggested ways to fix it (I.E have two different score a private score that always accounts fleet and a public score that operates as usual) But I was just stating that Oz's complaint of playstyle isn't very prevalent on his server. Extreme I can see their being complaint and the raise to 200k was an odd move as for new players leaving before their time because of greek bash, I grew up knowing greek was greek and he bashed my DEF for no profit but it didn't alter my game all that much I just made sure for the first 8 months to always spend what i didn't grab on def...

Point I was making wasn't directed at you directly Ephemeral ......but my point still remains....really not sure why protection was raised to 200k in X.....really not sure if Zorg even asked player base if it was even needed ...as for Greek (another who has to ruby up fleet lol) defence bashing is his trademark along with crashing players with barely 50k total points....and that's just not right....Zorg gain a few $$$ off of Greek for his fleet builds but lose a lot more of potential $$$ from numerous new players who quit after being hit by a 5 million+ fleet player..... and those new players may well have ended up being ruby buyers.....

Ephemeral/Miyamotto.

This is not directed at anybody in particular. As a couple of other posters have suggested, it's a problem that is becoming more prevalent. Xtreme seems to have had this problem for a while, now others are seeing this loophole as a viable tactic. So, the issue needs resolving. That's the point. New player protection is for new players, not a means to have the most massive of fleets and still be considered a newb. A time limit on New Player Protection seems to be the way forward. However, it might be nice to get some sort of comment from Zorg from time to time. Apart from a sudden rush of posting, it seems to have gone quiet, back to normal from that "Zorg" point of view.

The protection level in Standard is 1 million points. Quite high for that server. Some will argue about the points allocation being so diverse in different servers. But to gain 1 million points discounting the fleet score, it would bring you up to quite a good level. Keeping in mind that it would provide enough in the way of deut to enable a player to use this tactic very well. So again, the point being, nip it in the bud before it becomes a bigger issue.

I agree that this must be fixed. Despite people who think this is not a problem or standard doesn't have this issue, I see many complaints in game about this problem, and I only play standard.
I don't play X and don't know how this happens there. What I know about this problem is what I see on standard.
Interestingly, I don't see the ones using this tactic to hit big players. That would be a coward approach to the game, but would leave a one hour window for a reply. What I see is this "tactic" being used to attack newbs and only that.
I don't really care if there is a big fleet that I can't hit. Ahilles has a big fleet that I could never hit and I never complained about that. The problem is that Zorg was searching for a way to increase new player retention. He increased standard's new players protection to one million points, in what I can only assume was a test since it is way higher than any suggestions on that topic and is pretty different from the other servers. Using a biggish fleet to hit only newbs defeats the point of such test, not to mention how it delays growth and keeps new players from staying.
I second the request to know Zorg's opinion here.