Re: Alleviation of Super NOOB problems.

We do not see it as a loophole. If you keep in mind that it is within plans to make a universe that will always have player protection, then you can realize why.

I believe that the root reason is the confusing of the reason the protection exists. Remember, it is called Player Protection, not newcomer protection.
In game FaQ wrote:Can you give me details for Player Protection Rules ?

Another reason as to why you wonder why new players often quit the game.

A player stays under protection forever, has a MASSIVE fleet, he/she can hit all these other NEW players who supposedly are in protection.

Then we should ask this further question. WHY HAVE PLAYER PROTECTION IN THE FIRST PLACE???

Do away with it, full stop. Or is there a reason for it being in existence?

The answer you will no doubt reply with in the dim, distant future is for the protection on certain players, NEWBS!

Well, it is not working now, is it?

Another question. What does the (s) or (n) mean after a player's name in the galaxy screen?

Zorg wrote:We do not see it as a loophole. If you keep in mind that it is within plans to make a universe that will always have player protection, then you can realize why.
I'm sorry, but I can't. A universe that will always have protection would work for tiered players, something that is easily bypassed as this discussion shows.
Perhaps a clarification would help us understanding why you sacrifice new player retention with this planned "not loophole".

Supernoobs are not a concern for me, they still need a fleet big enough to be a nuisance and that takes a long time in standard. New players, on the other hand, are left with little or no defence against such players. And being constantly hit by someone within your point range but with a fleet you can't fight back is a good reason to quit a game you are not yet addicted to.
If there are plans for a new server in which this would be a good thing, and supposing that the raise in protection for standard is a way to test this, don't you think we should at least know our time and rubies are being invested in such a thing? If this is not the case, then why not listen to complaints before the problem get out of hand?

Zorg wrote:We do not see it as a loophole. If you keep in mind that it is within plans to make a universe that will always have player protection, then you can realize why.

I believe that the root reason is the confusing of the reason the protection exists. Remember, it is called Player Protection, not newcomer protection.
No-one that I can recall even asked for noob protection to be raised to 200k in Extreme....still wasn't enough for "supernoobs"....So even if the majority say it is unfair or a loophole you will not make any changes ? Well that just about sums it all up lately......only minor changes have been made in last couple of years and mostly not ones that were even asked for by the player base....

Sprog wrote:

No-one that I can recall even asked for noob protection to be raised to 200k in Extreme....still wasn't enough for "supernoobs"....So even if the majority say it is unfair or a loophole you will not make any changes ? Well that just about sums it all up lately......only minor changes have been made in last couple of years and mostly not ones that were even asked for by the player base....
Wrong Way
Light is Easy to Love
Show me Your Darkness

This is from the Z O R G FAQ's

"*Is there any kind of protection for new players ?
-Yes. The protection intends to protect new players till they learn the very basics. However you really need to learn how to fleet save as fast as possible."

Confusing, dontchathink?

Well it's only the BIG players that complain about the " newb" protection because somebody outsmarted them and can grow without much fear ( kind of like all the top players in the same alliance issue. However, if there were a thought of changing the "newb" protection , maybe it should be a time frame base, like 30/days. And add a 10 Ruby option to buy a 3 day "protection"

Glitch wrote:Well it's only the BIG players that complain about the " newb" protection because somebody outsmarted them and can grow without much fear ( kind of like all the top players in the same alliance issue. However, if there were a thought of changing the "newb" protection , maybe it should be a time frame base, like 30/days. And add a 10 Ruby option to buy a 3 day "protection"
Most have agreed that a time period (3 months seems about right to majority) is by far the fairest way of dealing with this matter. As already stated above in rules, there is protection for new players....this has been abused imo by certain players. Ftr I disagree with 10 rubies for 3 day protection....we already know certain players buy most of their fleet...they will just spend a little more and stay in ruby protection.

This is not such a big deal, i doubt to see how a player might become a danger as long as there is acsdef option to protect new players, more than that i doubt any noob players will create any huge fleets because he will have a few major drawbacks
low jg lvls
low drives
low deut mines
low wsa
low def for planets
low phalanx lvls

all this said and done, the only reason a big player would complain about this is because he wants a piece of the nice pie that fleet is. If you have problems about this tactic start protecting new players, start training them and start beeing more a part of the game

Bottom line is i think zorg is right and that player protection is a good thing

I highly recommend pissing yourself, followed by a course of praying to your impotent god.