Fractional Speed Variation

Selections from fleet speed drop down menu seem inadequate to the task of precisely timing fleet return - by which I mean to say that it does not permit much variation, culminating in periods of 'down time' while online.

Since we naturally hope to maximize use of our time online, it would be useful if we could adjust fleet mission arrival times to personal schedules, rather than having to find ourselves adjusting personal schedules to fleet mission arrival times.

My suggestion: An input box rather than a drop down menu, permitting input of any percentage value from 1.0% to 100.0% in whole number percentage increments.
Ní mar a shíltear a bhítear.
Ní féidir maraigh tú an Dullahan
Níl luibh ná leigheas in aghaidh an bháis.

Re: Fractional Speed Variation

It might make sense, if implemented, to tie variation increments to computer technology levels in some fashion. I.e. - the more sophisticated your computer technology, the more precise your timing.

[Pardon double post. This just occurred to me]

E.g - Drop down menu retained in increments of 10% for computer tech level up to some point. Drop down menu retained in increments of 5% up to some higher point. Input box inputs of whole number percentage increments after yet another point.

The first post i like, but the second one i dont so much. While the ideas in the second post would be nice, they basically limit a basic game function
20 GP
The Trouble Maker
As Swift as the Wind that carries the Sand comes your DEATH

Omega Class Thank You to Devola/Gale for this super amazing sig.

I don't like the idea. Knowing that a player has only 10 choices of fleet speed plays a big role in executing/avoiding a ninja and blind lanxes.
I am a liar in every debate
I rule the forces that fuel your hate

when the fire in your heart leaves and comes to an end
then quietly I'll go to sleep

neoshagrath wrote:I don't like the idea. Knowing that a player has only 10 choices of fleet speed plays a big role in executing/avoiding a ninja and blind lanxes.
I had not considered that, neoshagrath, but also must admit I do not understand how this might impact either.

Not saying it wouldn't - Just hoping to know how? Fleet arrival times should still be discernable on the lanx -

Or did I miss something? I'm hoping only to make full use of on-line time, and would not want for this to have a negative impact on any such tactics as you mention.

I don't see a big impact on the ninjas, but agree completely on the phalanx. In general I like the idea, but suggest a compromise. At the top end offer the current 10% increments. ie 100,90,80, etc. As you get lower, which is not generally going to be an attack speed, break it down. The new drop down might look like.

ok, you get the idea.
Outside the box? What box?

that's going to be one big drop down menu.

I am against this idea simply because of the deuterium fleeters are going to save this way.

Right now at 10%, it cost a lot to fleet save a 1 million points fleet. but if you are able to change it to 1%, or even 5%, you save a lot of deuterium because u can shorten the distance that your fleet has to travel. This is a big change to fleet cost and hence affects the balance of the game.
Moo...