Re: STOP ACCOUNT DELETIONS

Buzzard wrote:If they were fed Rubies to avoid being deleted,
then how does "an inactive" player buy Rubie Moons ?????
:o
They already have huge moons so u send them 50 rubies to stop the account getting deleted (inactive or not)....certain people have been doing this for ages but nothing has been done to stop it :wall:

to be fair, rubies cost money, if a person is willing to give up about $1.50 (US, although i haven't made the calculations) then zorg lets them stop an account from being deleted.
farming wise thats probably getting close to $50 in order to create sufficient farms for yourself, although others will leech off them.
I think this is a reasonable way for zorg to make money to be honest... i'm almost surprised theres not an explicit ruby option to protect an account from deletion (one-time).
However it's also fair to stick these accounts in v-mode as the purpose is that people spending money on the game can come back to it, not for others to farm it.

IKICKAYOUWASSNOW wrote:
Zorg wrote: In the same time about the same new players have opened a new account in X-TREME (About 1250 new accounts in October and 1000 new in November).
I would bet anything that >1500 of those accounts are already inactive. With a start to this game that is more boring than a soap opera, no wonder. Thought tutorials were approved a while ago?:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6711

If you can keep the plentiful amount of new players from getting bored, you'd be set. That's a much larger problem than raiders raiding. So let's put ourselves in the shoes of a new player. This one is quite easy for me since I restarted a few weeks ago:

So the start of the game is slow. Hell, I could go play an fps and be immersed immediately. Okay so the chat here is dead too, not noob friendly, if I was just starting now for the first time, I would have just left. Before there was an active playerbase that showed new players how to play.

Okay, let's assume a new player sticks though that. So they want to grow and they start raiding. New players of course raid inactives as they are the easy farms to grow from. Hey guys, I have a good idea to increase activity, let's get rid of all the inactives :wall: . I hope you can see the problem with this logic.

Okay, so now let's pretend the inactives are gone (at least for the most part, as 45 day deletions/vmodes will remove the good farms). So you are a new player and need to make your profits from something. You are in noob protection so you can't raid large players. There are few inactives. Looks like you get to watch your mines produce. Very fun game idea :roll: .

As well, new players want to catch the big dogs in any game they play. And let's face it, new players in servers have no chance to catch the top players without large pools of inactives. Taking two players that joined late and caught up to the top (from when I know) - Dex (probe raiding inactives) and Thorr (constant raiding inactives and RIP-raiding inactives when he'd be offline). Both those players raided inactives for the vast majority of their profits. I'm sure others have caught up since, probably by doing the same. Lowering the chance of new players catching large players will be demoralizing to them and make them leave.
Zorg wrote:How active the game universe will be, is our responsibility. We are aware of any activity problem at least 1 year ahead. We know when the problem will be obvious to the playerbase about 6 months ago. We can change the activity tide in three days if we want. What we want however is what the majority wants. And the majority wants a competitive game.
Has there been a poll? I'd challenge you to open a poll. If most players that vote want inactives gone, then whether it is right or wrong, you have given your customers what they wanted, but I can tell you that the majority won't agree with you. Do the poll. You want what the majority want right? Let's see what they want.
If I had to contribute to this argument, I would be on this side. Maybe at least extend the time before deletion of the accounts. Also, tutorial should be implemented, duh.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Long post but I agree with Ace. So far only I only know of ONE player who had fully supported the idea, and the other 95% have opposed it. Its never to late to reconsider, I've read posts about suppossed famr 'cycles ' where they delete inactives, players get aggressive and kill off a lot of players who become the new farms. However, these days if a player quits 70% if the time they'll put there account into vmode and never log back in--no one profits: / If you want us to kill the noobs to grow our fleets Zorg, that's what we'll do, at your loss.

indeed 45 days seems short, it will make farming hard, normal raids will bring in much less.
I would agree with extending this somewhat, or some system where every new player signing up deletes a random inactive, if constant inactives is wanted. could be tweaked to allow more or less inactives (0-1 or 1-2 accounts deleted per new player)