Technical help needed.

any of you expert in networking?

i am having really bad network issues with xtreme/ze

it seems i can only access the site when i am using vtunnel or any other online proxy sites. but when i try to do it directly i cant.

this happens only in a few hours of the day. that is its not a consistent problem, i suspect something is wrong with my ISP proxy server or DNS server.

Anyways if you know any ways to solve it let me know. i am getting really a bad head ache out of it.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Re: Technical help needed.

I'm no expert, but I find that resetting everything tends to solve problems.

If that doesn't work, again I'm not an expert, I find that violently beating your machine helps with headaches.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Ace wrote: If that doesn't work, again I'm not an expert, I find that violently beating your machine helps with headaches.
if only i had spares.

ok here are the few details i have from my end.

> reset the wifi router.
> reset IE settings
> ipconfig /flushdns
> reconfigure DNS
FROM 8.8.8.8/4.2.2.2
TO 208.67.222.222/208.67.220.220

nothing made any difference. then out of the blue it all started working again. how i posted this message. i was not able to post it before now.

You're using IE? I would recommend greatly that you don't. They have plenty of network issues a lot of the time. Try using another browser.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]

IE settings is same for all the browsers. IE runs on the background as a service for all the browsers.

without IE none of the browsers can work in windows. thats why i said IE settings. it just sets the internet options.

I use the latest version of google chrome.

Ah maybe I'm just weird then. I use Chrome as an independent...erased all the IE data on my laptop. I'm freaky I suppose. Well - that's the only thing I can think of. Sorry, Spy.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]

I had the same problem when they first changed server.

I too only found proxy servers as a work around.
I believe it is a problem with the ISP. I tried going to a friends house with a different ISP during the laggiest time but it was all smooth sailing on his side.

Tried most browsers.
Tried changing DNS servers.
Tried different modem and router.
Tried different machines. (Even a newly bought laptop)
Funny thing is it is usually happens on the same time span every day. And there shouldn't be any bad traffic for my ISP at midnight.
I'm betting the ISPs route to the server get's choked. If you're having problems with ze.org, the others (ze.net, ze.com) should be working fine if our problems were the same.
I am a liar in every debate
I rule the forces that fuel your hate

when the fire in your heart leaves and comes to an end
then quietly I'll go to sleep

neoshagrath wrote:I had the same problem when they first changed server.

I too only found proxy servers as a work around.
I believe it is a problem with the ISP. I tried going to a friends house with a different ISP during the laggiest time but it was all smooth sailing on his side.

Tried most browsers.
Tried changing DNS servers.
Tried different modem and router.
Tried different machines. (Even a newly bought laptop)
Funny thing is it is usually happens on the same time span every day. And there shouldn't be any bad traffic for my ISP at midnight.
I'm betting the ISPs route to the server get's choked. If you're having problems with ze.org, the others (ze.net, ze.com) should be working fine if our problems were the same.
Yup thats what i am getting. I have exhausted everything i can do at my end. I just needed a confirmation on where the problem may lay.
I think its the ISP route table that is not buffering new links for specific sites when the load is high or their proxy server is a lame *** old one that doesnt have enough power to deal with web requests.

now that i know where the problem is i can choke the ISP ppl for laying a better egg of solution this time.