Oxymorons

This thread is about your experiences that you faced in real life that relates to the word oxymoron.

I will start with my most recent experience with a bug I was facing for last few months.

An oxymoron of new age cyber world... "Microsoft works"

I was having repeated blue screens on my laptop every time I started a specific application. I have been trying to find the solution for this weird problem, the application owners blamed it on the anti-virus and the anti-virus people blamed it on the application software. There has been numerous back and forth articles all over net about blaming on each other but no solution.

Then just today I found a site, not so reputed, where a guy suggested something really weird. He said that this problem can be solved easily by stopping windows 7 from downloading drivers from microsoft driver providers, and instead download it from specific manufacturers only. So I tried that and "voila". The problem got fixed.

The microsoft provided driver software for my wifi adapter was being the culprit all along and to fix this issue, I have re-installed Windows 7 (sacrificed a ton of data in doing so), re-installed antivirus, applications, 3 times now. And finally a month long painful try and fails have come to a bliss full continuous service.

"Microsoft Works" my @ss!!! :evil: :@
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Re: Oxymorons

Capitalist Government. How can a government be capitalist? By definition it is not.
Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the Spiffiest of them all?

Do Science Responsibly: Don't Do Science and Drive

"While it's good to learn from experience, it is better to learn from other people's experience" - Warren Buffett

when you install fresh new windows always go to automatic updating and turn it off
that way you will sure that only you install any new driver you want i do that everytime i install new fresh windows

also if you using pirate softver of windows there is chanse if you let update be active it will donwload one file that will block windows any you will get this message
Activate Windows XP you have 30 days similar message
so everytime you install fresh windows original or pirated if you let update be active
it will download that file that checks if windows are not pirated
i forgot name of that file i found fix on net about that
:geek: :ugeek:

Code: Select all

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/Akatcuki/Peinxd2323555.jpg

Pein wrote:when you install fresh new windows always go to automatic updating and turn it off
that way you will sure that only you install any new driver you want i do that everytime i install new fresh windows

also if you using pirate softver of windows there is chanse if you let update be active it will donwload one file that will block windows any you will get this message
Activate Windows XP you have 30 days similar message
so everytime you install fresh windows original or pirated if you let update be active
it will download that file that checks if windows are not pirated
i forgot name of that file i found fix on net about that
:geek: :ugeek:

Simple solution to that one:
Use genuine Windows and stop using pirate versions lol
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Walk with THA swagger!

MrSinister wrote: Use genuine Windows and stop using pirate versions lol
but where is the fun in that? :lol:
fearless~
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” -Rumi