Can we have a faster response to urgent issues please.

Racism is something that should never be tolerated on any level. As such I am posting this as I reported and sent a direct email to Zorgempire 48hrs ago...and as yet the matter has not been acted on...When a player sends very very abusive pm's ( relating to killing my mother) following a simple small fleet crash is bad enough, but to Name their Homeworld "N*gg*r ahirman" which can been seen by all is just unacceptable in any game. Personally I ask for the planet name to be changed and this player band as any game does not need this type of player...of course I also understand it is not up to me and up to admin to decide any level of action, but please in the name of humanity do we really want players that can behave this way. ( you also have the very vulgar, ignorant pm's he sent)..

Re: Can we have a faster response to urgent issues please.

Gozar wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 4:54 pm
Racism is something that should never be tolerated on any level. As such I am posting this as I reported and sent a direct email to Zorgempire 48hrs ago...and as yet the matter has not been acted on...When a player sends very very abusive pm's ( relating to killing my mother) following a simple small fleet crash is bad enough, but to Name their Homeworld "N*gg*r ahirman" which can been seen by all is just unacceptable in any game. Personally I ask for the planet name to be changed and this player band as any game does not need this type of player...of course I also understand it is not up to me and up to admin to decide any level of action, but please in the name of humanity do we really want players that can behave this way. ( you also have the very vulgar, ignorant pm's he sent)..
Had the same issue recently in Massacre with a certain player known previously for sending the same kind of insults to my team mates and myself. There's was no response from Zorg ( although I appreciate Zorg do not have to reply or be accounted for) and the player remained in game......I just think it gives new/young players a bad impression of how a very tiny minority of players behave when crashed and forget "it's just a game" ...

I have seen dubious world names before, famous (or rather infamous) Nazi names etc, I too reported such names to Zorg, they are distasteful and for one, both my grandfathers fought against the Nazis. Alas, the response that I DID receive basically said that it was up to those players what they called their worlds. So, to glorify the likes of "Heinrich Himmler" a muderer, that's okay. This name is still currently in Standard,but nevermind, Zorg says it's okay. However, this seemsmore directed at an individual, then perhaps, eventually it "might" receive the response it deserves. Good luck?!?!

If a new player would read this, he would think that in ZE there are people harassing everyone at will and administration is not doing anything.

Reality is that there are very few such instances in ZE. Of course, the best it would be to have none but truth is that you cannot avoid them 100%. What we do here, is to try to help every player individually to avoid having the same thing repeat.

If you find yourself at the end of bad treatment, follow this simple guide (100% results guaranteed):
1.Maintain your cool and do not throw yourself low, at their level.
2.Report the messages (best use the report tool in-game).
3.Suggest your counterpart to stop and inform him in case he is using planet names as in the example here, to remove them. Informing them that you reported this to administration seems to work with immediate results 95% of the time.
4.If need be, block them from sending PMs to you.

Finally, remember that odds are, that the one using the abusive language is most probably a minor (younger than 18).

I appreciate the removal of his planet name..however I can not say I am a little disappointed that the un-named player was not given a ban...it seems even he expected to be band, as this player has deleted all his colonies and moons and gone inactive...so obviously realized what he said was unacceptable. I of course followed the protocol you set out above. Reported the messages and blocked the player. I sent them via email to webmaster as well. I was just surprised that there had been no action after 48hrs. as this level of behavior has never been allowed before and when it did was dealt with swiftly.