Re: MMA Discussion

Grats to Cro Cop for a nice TKO. Hoping for a head-kick knock out, but whatever :)

Kongo got DESTROYED. If he stayed on his feet, he would have won, I think. EVERY round, he knocked the crap out of Cain. Cain, I think, actually went to sleep for a moment when Kongo hit him the first time.

Pretty good fights, I think.

Does anyone watch the big fights on pay-per-veiw, i do, and they are awesome, burns a pretty big hole in my wallet to pay for pay-per-veiw, but it is fun to pay for it because then you get to see rampage smash some dudes face up!
You thought you had a easy path to victory, before i stepped in the path!

I don't pay for it, way too expensive for my income :P I just Google the fights the next day. I only really care about the main cards, so paying like 60 bucks for 3 fights is ridiculous. I LOVE watching the fights, but not enough to shovel money into it.
Sadbutrue wrote:I am picking:
Diego Sanchez
Nate Diaz
Chris Lytle
Gleison Tibau
Mike Ciesnolevicz
Edgar Garcia
Andre Winner
DaMarques Johnson
Nick Osipczak
Jason Dent
I'm skeptical that Dent will win (Although Cameron isn't that good, either), but I've got to agree with Johnson. He seems to be pretty good. Funny, too :P

I loved the confrontation of him and Bisbing, lol. "Cameron was talking and said he was...whiter than a band-aid? I'm not sure how that is racist, maybe they don't like band-aids in Europe, I don't know." I rofl'd. I think Bisbing whines just a bit too much. "I don't wanna train early!" Someone call the WAAAAAAAAAmbulance...

I kind of wish Faulkner hadn't thrown in the towel, he seems like he was REALLY good. The hypnotherapist was just rofl, though. Dumbest thing ever.

Oh, and I'm putting my money on Stevenson. I don't think Diaz is gonna win, really. And I think Pearson might beat Winner. And Guillard is gonna win, lol. HE is a beast.

i agree, i still by pay-per-veiw, but i am going to cut back on it, i usally spend about 100 buck a week on pay-per-veiw, i am going to start only buying it once a week.
You thought you had a easy path to victory, before i stepped in the path!

If I had a steady income (No job, gotta wait for mah license :P) I'd probably buy it for UFC, but as it stands right now, I don't get money very often, so I've gotta make sure I don't blow it all, lol.

I'm REALLY psyched for Stevenson vs Diaz...Stevenson is a MONSTER. But Diaz is very good off his back, too.

I want to see the upcoming UFC PPV with Lesnar vs. Mir. I REALLY hope Lesnar loses, I just can't stand him. He isn't exciting to watch, since he just lays on the other guy for 15-25 minutes. And he just doesn't seem to respect any of the veteran fighters, i.e calling Couture too old to fight. Granted he is older than most, I think he has more talent in his left foot than Lesnar does in his entire roided out body.

Seemed to me like it was ALWAYS like that. I always know the winner when it goes to decision because they just judge by who controls the other. And they see it as if you're on your back or against the cage, you're getting controlled.

Too many decisions that night...Though Sanchez v Guida was GREAT. Think Guida bit off more than he could chew at the start of the first, lol.

being in control is pointless if you are not threatening the other fighter. sitting in a guys guard defending sub after sub for a round should NOT win you the round. if the guy on the bottom is being effective and is threatening to finish then he should be ahead in points. the judges should learn wtf is going on in the cage.
You can't stop me I'm on a boat!