Re: MMA Discussion

Sadbutrue wrote:i dont think the champ is ever the underdog in fights. Machida almost did not even get the shot. if Machida is the underdog i would bet the house on him if i was a betting man
Yeah, but you know Machida was passed over not because of his talent, but because of his perceived "boring" style. Most hardcore fans were applauding when he got the shot (even if took Rampage getting injured).

Like I said, I haven't looked at the odds. If Machida is the underdog I would probably bet Machida. My prediction is more fan than a betting man's prediction.

"You are in a position to demand nothing. I however, am in a position to grant nothing."

Khan Noonian Singh

Quick question, since the title has changed hands a lot in a short amount of time.

Who IS the Light-Heavyweight champion? Last I remember was Griffin defeating Rampage, but I never heard anything after that (I don't get PPV, so I've just gotta hear around for it). Last Evans fight I saw was the Liddell one and then I never heard anything more about him.

Oh, ok. I never heard about that.

I wish there would be a stable title for a bit. Liddell lost (to Rampage, if I'm not mistaken), Rampage got beat, then Griffin got wrecked and now Evans might lose, too.

I think it shows that both Rampage's and Griffin's wins were flukes, since they can't hold the title. It doesn't matter if you have the title if you lose it in the next fight o.O

Griffin IS very tough, though. His fights are always good.

Sadbutrue wrote:once Machida gets the title he will never lose it till he retires
Your kidding right?

People said the same about GSP before he first fought Hughes and then again after he beat Hughes in the rematch.

Machida is no Fedor.

"You are in a position to demand nothing. I however, am in a position to grant nothing."

Khan Noonian Singh

Shogun's run in the PRIDE FC MWGP was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, that tournament is still my favorite MMA event ever. Hopefully, Shogun can shake off the knee injury and the lifestyle change (new marriage) and get back to 2005 form.

Khan Noonian Singh