Re: Lacrosse fans

kk for a class i had to make a website with like 8 pages about myself...the last page was dedicated to anything i felt worthwhile i dedicated it to the history of the greatest sport ever and wrote up a brief history...Enjoy...

Lacrosse is one of the true american pastimes played by native americans centurys before europeans even discovered the americas, Lacrosse or as the native americans called it "surrogacy" literal translation "little brother of war" was a game played by warriors of different tribes to settle disputes between them, they would use a stick which french settlers would say looked like a bishops crosse thus the name lacrosse was given to the sport. The game was played by teams of up to 100 plus players they would usually use a round rock for a ball(Europeans would later introduce the rubber ball) there would be 2 wooden posts placed at both ends of a feild and the goal was to hit the post with the rock. there was no padding then and it was not unusual to have people die while playing the game. in the mid 1800s the game became so violent that it was outright banned in america as battles became more common after a game concluded. But in the montreal area the game kept growing forming into todays version of the native americans game of lacrosse.