Re: rugby

Or you could watch the 6 Nations in Rugby union which starts on February 6th... I am going to Twickenham to watch England play in both there home games!!! Weheeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

fishpondadmin wrote:As a current rugby player here are the dummy rules for you.

Each team has 15 players that consists of 8 forwards and 7 backs.

The forwards are loose head, hooker, tight head, second row, second row, blindside flanker, openside flanker, No8.

The backs are Scrum half, fly half (my position), inside centre, outside centre, right wing, left wing and full back.

The whole idea of the game is to get the ball over the try line. You score 5 points for a try, 2 for a conversion (which you get after scoring a try)

Other ways of scoring is a penalty which is a converted kick (3 points) where a player has broking rules, or a drop goal which has to touch the floor before being kicked which is also 3 points

The game consists of 40 minutes a half for a total of 80 played minutes, the stop clocks every time the ball goes out of play or time has halted (Unlike girly soccer)

FORWARDS:

forwards are the big guys, usually slower, who are involved in scrummaging and lineouts and general breakdown play and are generally the ones in mauls.

BACKS:

We are the skillful ones who look to run, make territory and look for gaps in the opposition defence.

General rules

You can only pass a ball backwards, when you kick all players must be behind the kicker and unless in your 22 you can not kick a ball out on the full.

Is there anything else you want to know?

Well said.

I like watching rugby: Its twice the pain of football. I may have to play it one day.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

GO THE ALL BLACKS:)

at the moment we have the rugby world cup being played over here Its been a great month of rugby so far the quarter finals this weekend good luck to aussie england and ireland these are the teams i am hoping to be in the semis:)

Go the Bokke!! South Africa should beat the Aussies, which will make it a semi-final between South Africa and All Blacks... and All Blacks are without Dan Carter, it's gonna be tight!

South Africa = Springboks for those who don't know ;-)

yea that is the game to watch this weekend for sure South Africa and Australia I only hope for Aussie to win so we can kick them out:) but the all blacks are so well known for choking sometime about now:( lol

but the Irish and Wales game will be a good one and France and England both today they say England should win but France steps their game up and usually do well in rwc (rugby world cup)