Oil change

LOL it makes me mad...i try to get someone to teach me but no one will....why why why yes im a girl and i love working on my car...its one of the two babies i have lol :dance: :dance:
Talk All The Stink You Want! But In The End It's Because You Could Never Be One Of Us.

Evil Grins Devil Eyes For I'm The One That Will Make You Cry

Re: Oil change

Alright I'll teach you how to change your oil the best I can with words on the internet:

Step one is to look for and find your drain plug. The drain plug is a large plug or nut located under the oil pan at the bottom of the engine. If you can’t reach your oil drain plug easily, then you might have to jack up your car or crawl under it to reach it. Now, once you find the drain plug, you need to place a container under it. The container will need to be big enough to catch all of the oil.

Use a few paper towels, an old dish rag, or something to protect your hand, and unscrew the oil drain plug. You will want to move your hand really quickly once the oil drain plug is unscrewed, so be ready.

Remove the cap from the oil filler hole at the top of your engine and unscrew the oil filter, using a wrench if you can’t do it by hand. To unscrew the filter, you'll have to turn it counterclockwise (or to the left for those who are like me) The filter will have oil in it, so be careful not to spill it when you remove it. If any parts of the filter’s rubber seal are still on your engine, take them off. Now, open a new bottle of oil, and dip a finger in it. Use the oil to moisten the gasket on the top of the new oil filter, and screw the filter into the engine where the old one was at. Follow directions on the filter when doing this part

Wipe around the place where the oil drain plug goes, but only do this once all of the oil has drained out. Replace the oil drain plug and use an adjustable wrench to tighten it. If your vehicle uses an oil drain plug gasket, make sure the old one has been removed and lay a new gasket on the pan before you put the plug back on.

Use a funnel to pour all but about 1 quart of the fresh oil into the oil filler hole. Pour it slowly and allow the oil time to run down. Put the filter cap back on, and run the engine for thirty seconds to a minute.

Shut the engine off, and wait for 5 or 6 minutes to settle down. Then remove the oil dipstick, wipe it with a clean lint-free rag, and shove it back in. Pull it out again and check it.

Add some oil, a little at a time, and allow it time to settle. Check the stick after each addition until you reach the “Full” line on the dipstick. Then take the drain pan out from under the car, and take the car on a little drive. Just drive it around for a few hundred yards, and come back.

Let the oil settle down again for 5 to 6 minutes, then recheck the dipstick. If it’s still at “Full”, then you are done. You will have successfully changed you're oil. Hope this helped.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Re: Oil change

lol i will have to get someone to do it and me watch and help then i can start doing it on my own. lol then i wont need a man ha ha ha
Talk All The Stink You Want! But In The End It's Because You Could Never Be One Of Us.

Evil Grins Devil Eyes For I'm The One That Will Make You Cry