1997 Eclipse Ideas?

Alright...so I might be getting myself this spiffy, great conidition, 5-speed 1997 Eclipse. It's red and has all custom engine parts (no stock). You all know me, and I'm planning on tricking this baby OUT (cheaply with the little money I have...so I have to be smart about this).

First on the list is the interior. I like feeling awesome when I sit down...so I'm thinking red/black seat covers with a silver/black steering wheel and a new, red-glow sound system. Black floor mats and dash paint with a few red neons under the glove box and above the pedals (maybe some in the back?).

Next is the body. There are usually a few good kits on ebay, but I'm always up for suggestions if you know someplace better to find them. I'm getting chrome and black puter 16" rims (I believe I found some for a good price of $99 each). I generally like wolfrace front and rear bumpers, sideskirts, and fins. The stock tail and headlights have to go....I don't want to get covers because that looks too cheap and ordinary, so I'll just have to find some in Super Street (they have some).

Next is all the fancy, sparkly things. I'd like red neons throught the entire underneath rim of the car and a custom license plate saying (you guessed it) "GALE". Black tinted windows and a decal for "Mitsubishi". I'm thinking of adding a double exhast system and chrome finishing the tips a bright silver. I'd really love it if I can find someone who can "red-glow" my spedometer and all my other readouts in the dash (I've seen it done before). I'll be designing a custom, wrap vinyl for the outside of my car after I (hopefully) redo it's paint job in a metalic (or maybe a pearlescent would look nice?...I don't want matte, I need something shiny to go with the neons).

All of this'll be done within the period of a few years...heheh. I'd appreciate any suggestions and ideas!
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]

Re: 1997 Eclipse Ideas?

Zorg wrote:But are you sure you would take a 1997 model ? It is not that old but should be taken in mind.
The '97 year for most Mistubishi's (especially their sports models) was very promising. They generally last longer than most years. More thought was put into the engine stability instead of engine power (which can easilly be replaced with parts from the intrawebz).
neoshagrath wrote:A spec of what is under the hood would be more interesting :).
Well everything is already non-stock thanks to its previous owner. However, if I feel the need to buff the engine even more so, I'll call my mechanic friend. I do body, he does the innerworkings.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]