If you cannot find the answer you seek here, use the Help forums.
Feel free to contribute to each post with verified data.

Re: Moons Explained

I do not believe this has changed, though maybe someone else can confirm. You could also use the combat simulator to see the debris produced, and you could then calculate what you expect to be produced based based on ship cost and see if the numbers make sense.

When it comes to moonshots, keep in mind, however, the 25% chance only applies to Reloaded (all other universes still max out at 19%). In any event, it’s probably easier to use the simulator to see how many ships you need of a certain type for the best chance than it is to calculate it.

Yes, the DF is still 60% of the res lost. For reloaded it is 25% so the tables are a bit different. My personal favorite when it comes to MS is just sending Battleships - They have the highest ratio to metal/crystal when it comes to building them up and therefore the 40% loss in crystal doesn't hurt. Going for voyagers or LF/HF is the next best thing, but you lose more crystal that way. Other ships are a no go as they require deu for build up as well and you cannot recycle that.

Bottom line - the most optimal MS set for reloaded is 70 Battleships.

As Runcho has stated, a personal favourite for him is BS. I think different servers, folk have different preferences, but for me, personally, I feel that probes are the preferred choice. The speeds involved make things a little easier. If you need multiple attempts, then you sort of know nearly straight away. Also, way in advance of the attempts, you can over compensate and send a load of recyclers beforehand timed to pick up the DF. With probes, there's next to no deut needed for the construction and not much needed either for fueling the probes. Quicker and cheaper, in my own personal view. They also have the added bonus of not being too damaging to defences etc
Last edited by Ozymandias on Thu May 16, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Runcho wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:20 am

Bottom line - the most optimal MS set for reloaded is 70 Battleships.
This may be true purely in terms of ship cost, but keep in mind that if the planet has light lasers for defense, battleships will often take out quite a number of them (though I know defense regen is very high on Reloaded). They will, of course, also take out any solar sats. Battleships are also very slow and expensive to fly, so the deut cost to send a moonshot might be something to factor in, as well as the opportunity cost of having fleet slots occupied for so long. For these reasons, light fighters, voyagers, or cargos might sometimes be preferable moonshot material, even for small, growing players.

Once they are well established and have built up larger accounts, most players (parituclarly fleeters) do ms with probes because it is the fastest, safest, and most convient way to do a moonshot (though expensive).

mightyoz wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:34 pm
With probes, there's no deut needed for the construction and not much needed either for fueling the probes. Quicker and cheaper, in my own personal view.
I’m not sure if Standard is different, but on all the other servers probes require deut to build (which is of course entirely lost). Also, given probes are mostly crystal, the resource burden is high given only 60% of metal and crystal is recovered in DF, and crystal is twice as valuable as metal. Thus, I definitely wouldn’t call probe ms cheap. Your other points about speed, ease and convenience, and flight cost are all valid.

Personally, the only times I have ever done ms with ships other than probes were at the beginning of Reloaded, when I was below player protection on the other servers I have played, and in the Generals Tournament. Above protection on a typical server, I would agree with oz that the benefits of probe ms generally outweigh the cost, especially for players who raid or fleet.