If you cannot find the answer you seek here, use the Help forums.
Feel free to contribute to each post with verified data.

What is a Fleetsave?

Guide to help you keep your fleet and resources safe…
[/size]

The standard definition of fleet save is this:
a procedure used to protect your ships and resources from other players
But all too often do I see other players spout the same quotes time after time. “You should fleetsave to keep your fleet” or “Why didn’t you FS to keep your resources from being captured??”. Well, in most cases, the player did fleetsave, but was doing it incorrectly or under a phalanx sensor.

Well, this guide was created to help everybody, from the novice that just started to the more experienced players. You will learn not only how to fleetsave, but how to keep that fleet safe after an attack.

To set the stage, I categorize fleetsaves into “Tactical Fleetsaves” and “Strategic Fleetsaves”. Under each scenario, I will outline the proper procedures to keep your fleet and resources safe. Also, remember that the riskiest type of fleetsaves is to a Espionage mission and an Expedition mission. If you try to fleetsave to using either of these two missions, the odds of you losing your fleet are almost always imminent. So do not do those. You can find more information on these typical mistakes in fleetsaving here:
http://www.zorgempire.com/forums/viewto ... =17&t=3441

Tactical Fleetsaves.
[/size]
Under this type of fleetsave, you are being attacked by another player and you are online. Before sending your fleet and resources, always try to figure out if you can destroy the incoming fleet first. If you cannot take out the incoming attack fleet (also called a “Ninja”), you will need to perform the following procedures:

1. You can try to reason with the attacker that you are online, and more often than not the attacker will recall. Don’t send hate mail because this will entice the attacker to continue the attack and destroy your defenses, and possibly hunt you continuously. If this does not work, go to the next step.

2. If your time of attack is short, you should do one two missions. You can do a quick recycle mission to your own DF (requires at least one Recycler), ensuring your fleet returns after attack arrives. Or send your fleet and resources from your planet to moon (or moon to planet).

3. As soon as the attack is done, you should consider performing the procedures for a Strategic Fleetsave below.

4. Also, you may want to re-locate your fleet and resources to another planet/moon if you have time. (This step is recommended)

Strategic Fleetsaves.
[/size]
Under this type of fleetsave, you should have plenty of time to coordinate your fleetsave mission and it should be well thought out before you send your ships and resources away. You want to have your fleet arrive back when you are online. This type of fleetsave can be any length of time you desire it to be. And if you have Death Stars, this will help lengthen the time of your fleetsave. If you perform a Recycle mission as your fleetsave strategy, you will need at least one Recycler.

1. If you want to save some resources for later or you are short on fleet storage capacity, try to put as much resources into a Research project. This will allow you to reduce the amount of resources you must carry with you when you fleetsave. Also, you can always cancel the research and return your resources later.

2. If you have a moon, then send your fleet and resources to the moon. It is always recommended that you fleetsave from a moon to another moon, which is considered a safe way to keep your fleet from being spotted. If you send your fleet from planet to planet, then your fleet can be spotted by a phalanx sensor.

3. If you do not have a moon, that is not a problem. Just don’t perform a planet to planet fleetsave.

4. Look around to find an alliance moon. Perform an ACS defend to that moon. Also ensure that the Stay time is set to 0 hours. If you set it higher than 0 hours, then your fleet becomes visible on espionage reports on the defending moon/planet and your fleet becomes vulnerable to attacks.

5. If you do not have an alliance moon nearby, you can fleetsave to an inactive moon. First check to see if that inactive planet has an ACS Depot – if it does, then you can perform an ACS Defend to the moon. Remember to set the Stay time to 0 hours. In the event that the inactive planet does not have an ACS Depot, then you can send your fleet on attack to that moon. Ensure you fleet can survive an attack against the target – you don’t want to end up losing your fleet and resources because the inactive moon had more defenses than you fleet can handle. It is best to ensure that the target moon has no defenses when fleetsaving by attack on an inactive moon.

If you follow these simple steps, you can keep your hard-earned fleet and resources safe.

If you would like to contribute to my guide, let me know and I will add it here.

Re: What is a Fleetsave?

I really enjoy advising new players willing to learn , so i wait till them contact asking for help, thou as this is a great topic I have some suggestions to add

1st. Never FS from where someone saw your Fleet.

2nd. Divide your fleet in 4-5 Squads, and send them to different destinations, as described in the starting post. That way will be much more difficult to someone get all your fleet on lanx after popping starting and destination Moon.

3rd.If you can not find a Moon and decide FS using recycle mission, spy the planet on that slot and be sure no defenses on it , as we the hunters use to attack some planets with probes to mark the DF, when we think you using that technique, so checking time to time we see the DF gone so we know that you or somebody else recycled it and we will try next day to blow your Moon and get you on lanx.

4th. In case you want to FS to an inactive Moon that has no ACS depot using attack Mission, write down any resources on that Moon ,and if any send a second mission with a cargo ship to arrive just after attack to transport the amount you will collect with the attack, the reason is that we the bloody hunters use to send a transport mission to the Moons around with few resources so we will know if someone attacked them, thou i do not advise use attack Mission on inactive as **** happens:Not long ago a long time inactive contacted me saying: Hey buddy, I needed some notes from my notes in ZE and logged in and I am under attack, that is the overview and that is the attacking fleet, well I recycled it and the attacker is still trying to find out what happens.

5th. Attack Friends Moons if they have not ACS depot and give you the permission.

Fell free to post any question, or PM directly, we will advise BUT not assure you we will not hit if you make a mistake.

Hope soon we will see some nice fleets in the ranks again , good luck to us all !

Pkromm wrote: 3rd.If you can not find a Moon and decide FS using recycle mission, spy the planet on that slot and be sure no defenses on it , as we the hunters use to attack some planets with probes to mark the DF, when we think you using that technique, so checking time to time we see the DF gone so we know that you or somebody else recycled it and we will try next day to blow your Moon and get you on lanx.
3.beta: if you are doing an rec mission as ur fs there can me numerous occasions that u might have to do this do it with a colony of a player who is on vmoding. the basic idea is u will clean out the df first then fs for the time u want to fs. this way other than moon popping ur fleet is relatively safe.

amendment 1:
they say u cannot acs more than 0 sec for a good fleet save. try this do a 32 hour fs to a friends coordinate that will be online around the time u are away. hence your fleet will be under a watchful eyes. and when u return you will just recall it. if you can find a player who is strong enough and can protect that fleet of yours and is online for the duration this probably is the best active fsing in game. just another option that keeps the fun of the game alive. not the safest ofc but it has a potential for farther game play :)

Would like to ask/clarify some noob questions here about the fleetsave.

I've only been playing about 4 days, but decided to attempt a save last night. I looked about for inactive (Ii) player's with moons, but all seemed to be rather high level players. When I sent my espionage probes (15), I wouldn't get back any information other than resources. I'm assuming this is because my espionage is to low or I didn't have enough probs to send, When I tried to ACS defend anyway to these moons, I would get a message back saying no alliance (something). I tried this perhaps 15-20 times till finally giving up. Am I correct in assuming that unless I have a high enough espionage to detect the ACS depot, I can't fleetsave to it's moon?

I then looked at attacking a moon, and I am once again assuming, that to do so I just adjust the speed of my fleet so that it is mobile for the duration of time I believe I will be away? I decided against sending my fleet this way though, due to not being able to gather any intell, I was possibly sending it on a kamikaze mission.

Am I doing this right to begin with?. And do I just need to wait and hope nobody notices my meager fleet till I can find an inactive planet that I am able to detect the depot?

Thanks

Confused Noob

VictoriaK wrote:Am I correct in assuming that unless I have a high enough espionage to detect the ACS depot, I can't fleetsave to it's moon?
No. You can use the depot even if you can't see it on the probe report. It is possible, however, that the person did not have a depot in the first place at those coords.
VictoriaK wrote:I just adjust the speed of my fleet so that it is mobile for the duration of time I believe I will be away?
Correct. Remember to factor in the return time, too, so you don't end up with your fleet only halfway done when you're online.
Victoriak wrote:Am I doing this right to begin with?. And do I just need to wait and hope nobody notices my meager fleet till I can find an inactive planet that I am able to detect the depot?
You do have the right procedure. Remember that your target doesn't HAVE to be inactive. It is better that your fleet is on an unsafe FS than on the ground while you're offline. Use another of your planets/moons or a friend's or ally's if they're willing to let you.
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.