Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

"Working" buildings

On the Buildings page, what does it mean when "Working" is displayed in a the right-hand column for a building? I can't build/upgrade such a building even though the needed resources are all available.

I am experiencing the above problem with the Research Lab. I guess it means that the existing lab is currently researching a technology and that you can't upgrade your lab building and research at the same time.
Ming, Emperor of Mongo, Chastiser of Worlds

Re: "Working" buildings

Unless you have used rubies to que buildings, you can only build one building at a time.

Say you click shipyard level 15. You notice you have another for a metal mine upgrade. You have to wait for the shipyard to load, before you could click the metal mine.

While you are researching something, you can't build a research lab in the buildings. Unless you are building a research lab on one of your planets, hit that first, and then on another planet do the research.

I hope I explained that clearly. Good luck.

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

no matter what planet u r researching from u cant research on another planet until u have finished researching so if u r researching on ur main world u cant build a research lab or research anything on any other planet till that has finished
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

I think you can. If you hit research lab on a different planet FIRST and then hit research someone where else. I"ll have to check.

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

i am currently researching something on one of my planets and when i go to another planet with research lab on it it lets me into the research page but wont let me research anything only tells me i can cancel what i am researching on the other planet
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

You can't research at all if you are researching something at another world. Also, you cannot upgrade a research lab anywhere if there is research going on at another planet. However, it seemed to be the case if you started "building" an upgrade to a research lab then started to do research at another world, it would allow this. This is going back two or three years, whether it was a glitch in the game, I don't know. Whether this is still the case, again, I don't know. As clear as mud? Yes.

Maybe I"m just getting mixed up. But I thought that was the case. I don't think it's a glitch. I think it has to do with IGN levels. Not sure though.

Sun Tzu