Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: moon destruction

Just want to point out something. Given that the maximum rebound chance is 50% the number of rips getting out of that for any case is very low. I dont do moon pops so i cannot confirm this.

So asking players who does moon pops... what is your ratio on getting ur rips obliterated given that the rebound chance is that high? how often that happens?
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

The rebound chance only applies if the MD fails.
Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the Spiffiest of them all?

Do Science Responsibly: Don't Do Science and Drive

"While it's good to learn from experience, it is better to learn from other people's experience" - Warren Buffett

so basically if you have enough RIP you can pop any moon without fearing a rebound.

the RIP to RIP destruction fleet cost ratio is 1:10.

Now i have calculated the following.

Lets say I have a 9.800 diameter moon. The required RIP to destroy this moon is 9.703 at 99% accuracy.

To drop it down to at least 49% i will need to deplete the MD fleet by 75% that is if i reduce the attacking fleet to 2.425 RIP then the MD chance gets a meager 50% chance. that is it might or might not get rebound. now given the chance factors even if it does fall in to rebound the chance of it getting rebound based on the moon size is 49%.

if we factor the two chances we have a total of 49% x 49% = 24.0100% chance of rebound to be exact.

Considering the current fleet statistics with the simulator. A 350.000 LG + some good sized fodder can dent that md mission by a good margin. that is its a risk that goes both ways that is you may win or may not win so lets say its another 50-50 chance.

if i factor that in then i get 12% chance of giving the attacker a rebound chance. given that at the end i might lose my entire defend fleet and the moon might still get popped.

9703 RIP wd cost Metal 48,515,000,000 Crystal 24,257,500,000 Deuterium 14,554,500,000 TOTAL Point 17,465,400

350.000 LG wd cost Metal 21,000,000,000 Crystal 21,000,000,000 Deuterium 5,250,000,000 Total Point 9,450,000

Those are the facts. my suggestion is if you have a moon of size 9800 pop it and get a smaller moon. Its more fun to have smaller moon Bigger size moon only means u have nothing to do to stop the md.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Only if you are targeting/laying traps for players with limited ships. Players who can pop a 9.8 moon can still launch at your 4.5 moon with the same number of rips.
Try recalculating the LG vs RIP stats in massacre battle engine. The results are really interesting.
I am a liar in every debate
I rule the forces that fuel your hate

when the fire in your heart leaves and comes to an end
then quietly I'll go to sleep

350.000 LG will completely wipe out 9703 RIPs (both without fodder). Though LG loss will greatly vary.
I am a liar in every debate
I rule the forces that fuel your hate

when the fire in your heart leaves and comes to an end
then quietly I'll go to sleep