Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Payment options

I've been looking at the payment options and what bothers me is that there is no direct way to get things done by just entering my card details. I've been doing payments to other games and websites trough that way so far and I was surprised it is missing here. I see there is an option to use PayPal and although it says no account is needed when I click on the option it redirects me to a page that is asking for one. So does the other option with paysafecards. That leaves me with the only option to use text messages for rubies as I have no intention to create accounts for the other payment systems. A text message is worth 25 rubies and as I want to get 100 to unlock the additional colony I will have to send 4 of those. Why isn't there something more handy?

Re: Payment options

PaySafeCard does not need a credit card. You just need to purchase a card from a retail store near to you.

For PayPal, some countries are not allowed to use their Credit Card directly.

The only other option left for us, is to install more payment options and the only one we can currently support is through Cryptocurrency. If this is of interest to you, we can push this implementation higher at our priorities list. We use it to another game and it will not take too long for us to install it.

Runcho wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:58 pm
I've been looking at the payment options and what bothers me is that there is no direct way to get things done by just entering my card details. I've been doing payments to other games and websites trough that way so far and I was surprised it is missing here. I see there is an option to use PayPal and although it says no account is needed when I click on the option it redirects me to a page that is asking for one. So does the other option with paysafecards. That leaves me with the only option to use text messages for rubies as I have no intention to create accounts for the other payment systems. A text message is worth 25 rubies and as I want to get 100 to unlock the additional colony I will have to send 4 of those. Why isn't there something more handy?
I too have brought this up before Runcho. Shades of the "All time raiders" scenario. lol.

The archaic and truly awful PayPal is the cheapest version, but as stated before, the hassles involved are too numerous. So, we're penalised.

Cryptocurrency is another method that I am not familiar with and that probably will require some sort of registration. What I was asking for is a normal payment methot via Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard). It is the most common one and I've used it everywhere so far - I've payed for 4 different games, local bills, airplane ticket booking, online shops etc. Why this option as the most common one is not available here?

I just checked and it looks as if you can indeed buy rubies using PayPal without an acount. Just click the number of rubies you want using the "buy now" button. This will take you to a PayPal screen where you have the option to either create an account OR pay with a debit or credit card. Click on the grey "pay with debit or credit card button" instead of selecting the create account button. Then you should be taken to a screen where you can directly enter your card number and buy your rubies.

How about browser mining; rubies for hashes. It would be a lot easier and is readily accessible to all players. We could probably start a new server without rubies/micro transactions through voluntary donation.
I am a liar in every debate
I rule the forces that fuel your hate

when the fire in your heart leaves and comes to an end
then quietly I'll go to sleep

Pulsar wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:34 am
I just checked and it looks as if you can indeed buy rubies using PayPal without an acount. Just click the number of rubies you want using the "buy now" button. This will take you to a PayPal screen where you have the option to either create an account OR pay with a debit or credit card. Click on the grey "pay with debit or credit card button" instead of selecting the create account button. Then you should be taken to a screen where you can directly enter your card number and buy your rubies.
Yes, all well and good. But as stated numerous times before, cards are different in different countries. Heaven forbid you have accounts in one country but reside in another (or more). PayPal recognises your IP address and defaults to the country you are in for payments. So, I have accounts in Spain, France, England. If I am in England and I wish to use my Spanish cards/accounts, it won't let me as expiry dates, security codes on the reverse of cards, accounts numbers (differing lengths) are all different. PayPal has to be the most antiquated, useless payment method there is. I move currency about, between countries, so I don't always have money in a British account whilst I am there. This is just one of the problems. Many other players have differing issues.

PayPal is crap.

Bump!

I would like to bring this back to your attention. When I posted for the first time on this topic there were 3 payment options - paypal, paysafecard and SMS available for me. Now it's down to just 2 after SMS option was removed. So, I would ask again - can we get a better way for payment for this game?

I personally don't use paypal and never did, however I stumbled on a video in youtube (I'd like to post it here with your permission ofc) that they are actually changing their policy from 11th of Oct 2019 that they will stop returning the process fee when a payment is refunded. I'm pretty sure this will backfire on them hard when people realize what exactly that means and a lot of people will just stop using their services.

So, here I am, once again asking for adding another payment method, preferably paying directly with credit/debit card. I do like, the game and I would like to support it. I have been actively playing the game for the past 2 years and I have no plans for quitting. I hope this time you review my request looking at a long term player and take action. After all what I am asking here is for you to give me a way to give you money...

I Have to agree with Runcho, Having just returned to the game this year and being a first time buyer this week having to set up a PayPal account strictly for rubies wasn't ideal. Paying Via Credit/Debit card would be a better option for me personally for future purchases
You said it yourself, b*tch! We're the Guardians of the Galaxy!