Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Differences from ---

Hi,

Looks like many of the ships, defences and buildings are very similar, if not identical, to that in ---. Is there a list of the unique difference in Zorg? There's a lot of existing material written for ---, so want to see which parts apply.

Would especially be interested in finding a list of formulae, where it differs.

Edit: I saw in the rules that its forbidden to discuss other games, I hope this doesn't count since my question is primarily about Zorg

Re: Differences from ---

These are based on reloaded server only.
Zorg wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:38 pm
This is not a finalized list. It will be finalized before launch as there might be last moment changes.

Launch Daytime: Friday 24 February 2017, 18:00 GMT (Also, game time)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Map Size:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-9 Galaxies
-300 Systems
-15 Slots

Game Speed:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Buildings construction: 8x
Technologies research: 8x
Ship/Defenses speed: 8x
Fleet Speed: 8x
Resources Generation speed: 4x
Resources basic Income: 2x

Restrictions:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Planets allowed: 18 (+1 through Plus!)
-Planet Size Cap: xxx fields
-Homeworld size: 273 Fields

Features:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-New Building: Storage Den ( As in Generals: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=11201 )
-New interface + Live chat + Live Notifications
-Combat Engine V2.1
-ACS Attack + ACS Defend
-Reformed expeditions ( with Voyager from Generals: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=11201 )
Expeditions will also award Rubies
-Public Transport and Combat History of all players (Delayed and without time indication or any sensitive data)

Other:
-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-
-1 ranking point = 2500 Resources
-Storages: Same as Massacre/Speed ( http://www.zorgtools.com/index.php?tool=storage )
-The DF and resources in various stats are being calculated in metal value at a trade ratio 3:2:1

Notable Rules:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-PROTECTION: As long as you have up to 25k points, only players within 5 times your points can attack you.
-No Bashing Rule
-Stats update include fleets at air
-Fleet Crashing "ON RETIREMENT" is NOT allowed
-Deletion of accounts is possible
-Switching accounts is not allowed

Specials:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Moon Probability up to 25%!
-Defenses Regeneration 90% (no random) with possibility to research this up to always 100%
-Colonization Tech is required before colonization of new planets (As in Generals viewtopic.php?f=57&t=11201)

Plus Options
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Plus Moons are cheaper and smaller (5000 to 8000 diameter)
Removed Imperial Support
New option: Imperial Bonds

Imperial Bonds
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Imperial Bonds are very different to Imperial Support and also a little different than the War Bonds used in Generals. Their purpose is to provide a way for those who join up late or get crashed, to have a chance to recover fast. They are also meant to be used in emergencies by all players.

Probable Future Implementations:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Up to 9 Military Bases (planets with no mines) - We need to see how this universe evolves before implementing this
Max planet fields is it 350
-Slot 14 has the best chance of a 300+ fields and its cold. Something is weird in slot 14 ever since the first server of ZE.

Combat Engine V2.1
-I can't find any details posted by the admin about specific difference of this battle engine from Battle Engine 1.1 except that it has ACS attack and defend included. The in-game battle simulator uses the same engine so you can do your own experiments.

Expeditions don't reward rubies... yet... No ETA.

Public Transport and Combat History of all players (Delayed and without time indication or any sensitive data)
-Is not available yet. No ETA.

Stats update include fleets at air
-Stats update every 15 minutes.

Deletion of accounts is possible
-Deletion of accounts is still impossible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Split Second Feature viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7055

The community is much smaller. Everybody almost knows who's who. Make a bit of noise and the entire server/game might start watching you. (Much smaller now compared to when I last played.)

We have the best fleeters! That's the only thing I can be really proud of.

Come to reloaded and let's play a round. Invite your friends too!

PS
Ask anything you have in mind here and I will probably answer.
I am a liar in every debate
I rule the forces that fuel your hate

when the fire in your heart leaves and comes to an end
then quietly I'll go to sleep

Re: Differences from ---

The battle engine is different as well. Play around with the simulator and pay attention to how rapid fire and different ship combinations work. Also keep in mind that Reloaded and Massacre use a different engine from Speed, X, and Standard.

Check out how lunar guardians work with the engine especially... they really change the game dynamic in a positive way.