Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Re: Complete Explanation of Combat Engine 2.1?

Is this link still accurate? viewtopic.php?f=42&t=12046&hilit=Massacre+Battle+Engine

Based on that, I gather that chance to fire is fixed at (rf - 1) / rf per shot and doesn't decrease. E.g destroyers always have a 50% chance of firing again at any other ship after hitting a battlecruiser.

Regarding shields, what's the purpose of having high numbers of ion cannons for the high shields? It seems that the shields don't recharge between rounds (unless they do and sim doesn't show it).

There is no full fledged explanation of how the current BE works as far as I know, and the link you post is an old one from when 2.0 was first introduced and everyone was arguing over it. It has limited information, but it's still largely accurate.

You're right that the BE is ship v ship instead of stack v stack in Reloaded and Massacre (and in the ACS engine for every universe). This changes dynamics of several ships, ship combinations in general (mixed fleets are more effective) and changes how fodder works. It is harder to get a completely loss-less battle on engine 2.1 than it is on engine 1.1. Your best bet for understanding the engine is just to play with the simulator and see what combinations give the best results in various scenerios... the current sim for engine 2.1 is true to the actual engine as far as I can tell.

Hey, It seems like a very old question but I'm at a loss for words.
I've tried playing a HELL lot with the simulator, and there are some key points that I simply don't understand.
I'm on reloaded server.
Classic example - 30 LGs vs 1 Rip. RF should be only 10, but every single time the attack numbers are way above 100. On a single LG it doesn't behave like that, but with 30 it does. What's strange is that even if I take 30000 LGs vs 5000 Rips, the number of attacks is still around the hundreds.

Pulsar you've mentioned something about Ships vs Ships in Massacre and Reloaded. What does it mean? I didn't find anything about it

Here is the changelog for engines currently used in the game:
https://www.zorgempire.net/forums/viewt ... 1&p=126984

What is not mentioned there:
RELOADED uses 2.1 everywhere.
Standard uses 1.1.
In general, you can get info on the engine used by the simulator which mentions it.

Battle Engine v2.1 is an updated version (fixes) of Battle Engine 2.0 (https://www.zorgempire.net/forums/viewt ... 42&t=12046 ). Battle Engine 2.0 is a version built on 1.2 ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11961 ) which is a successor to 1.1 ( https://www.zorgempire.net/forums/viewt ... 17&t=10954 )

The difference between 2.0 and 2.1 is the following:
Changelog wrote:BE engine 2.0 has been upgraded to 2.1
It solves an issue spotted by players earlier here, in mass battles. We also increased sensitivity. Higher sensitivity does not really changes much, just better Ship to Ship RF simulation in really large numbers.
Unfortunately, there is no player guide for 2.1 like we have in 1.1. We should create one.

Now, on to your question: Simulating a combat is an art by itself. The combat in Zorg Empire is a simulation. We do not do simple math operations but a simulation. Simulation has random elements.

With this in mind, the smaller the fleets you simulate and the smaller the difference in strength, the greater the differences will be in between simulations.