Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Alliance Privileges.

Okay, here's the problem.

I am in an alliance. It is not my alliance, it was created by someone else who is currently listed as the founder. In the past, he has transffered the alliance to me before going to v mode, I then became the "founder". Fair enough, I could change things, admit, kick players etc. I could change the levels of the different players, control what they could do, what they could see. In effect, manage the alliance with full privileges, I was effectively the founder.

Fair enough, he came back after a long time away, it was his alliance, so I transffered the alliance back to this player. He said is wasn't necessary but I felt that it was his "baby", he was the creator and fair's fair, I passed it back to him.

So, here's the problem now. He has now gone to v mode again. He created a "rank" for me which effectively gave me all the rights, access and so on that a founder of an alliance would have, but without actually transferring the alliance to me. This has worked fine up to a point. The problem is that now I find that I might myself need to go to v mode, only briefly but nonetheless, I might be away.

With this in mind, I have gone in to the alliance page, gone to manage alliance option. Then with two or three of the players, trusted lieutenants, I have tried to up their collective clearances in the alliance to match mine and the founder. This has not worked. What has now happened is that by trying to do this it has taken away the function from us all to manage the alliance!!!!! So, rather than having anybody that can manage the alliance we now don't have anybody. What can be done in this instance?

If the original owner does not come back, we can do nothing ever again. This alliance, Vashta Nerada has the most successful history of any alliance in the history of Zorg Empire Standard Server. But now we can't even kick somebody or change what they can see, do, even down to sending circular messages!!!!

Any thoughts?

Re: Alliance Privileges.

Leave the alliance and just start a new one. LOL!! J/K

The same thing happened to our alliance early on in Reloaded when the founder went blue with no determined time of returning so rights were switched over. In doing so, we experienced the same thing. Luckily we were able to fix it on our own but nonetheless it was alarming that we were potentially trapped in the current settings. I agree, there should be some form of warning that when certain rights are being adjusted, it will effect your ability to change things after that point.

To your last statement, hopefully the admins have traceability of previous owners and can revert rights back under your command.

Thanks OD, nice to know that others have also suffered. Not nice to happen, just nice to know, lol.

Thing is, I had all the rights and privileges but in trying to give the others the same, WE ALL lose the rights. So, obviously a bug/fault. Now we will have to wait an undetermined amount of time before we can change things? Surely something can be done. If not then this would be one of the most serious things that can happen to an alliance. We cannot recruit, we cannot kick, we cannot restrict privilleges, and so on. Pretty serious. However, your problems in Re-loaded might be beneficial to you and your alliance, being in Re-loaded I think I and many others can see things things being fixed very quickly.

mightyoz wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:28 pm
Thing is, I had all the rights and privileges but in trying to give the others the same, WE ALL lose the rights. So, obviously a bug/fault.
Yeah, I think there may be a bug here. In any case, it doesn't hurt to try to figure out the conditions that replicate it and email zorg. I vaguely recall losing all my rights once ages ago on X when I was in a similar position and tried to subtley adjust ranks and privliges... luckily it was no issue, as our leader was active at the time.

Thank you Pulsar, I will do the email thing.

In the meantime, I will await Zorg's prompt reply here in the forums, see what they have to say. Hopefully it will not be too long a wait.

To whomever, please close this topic, I have transffered it to the bugs/typos section. Evidently it's a major bug so, again, please close this.