Re: Music You Hate

KarrothMelu wrote: For example, I know people who have rapping contests with each other. And they sound just like stuff on the radio except without the electronic effects and what not. I prefer music that can't be done by anyone who has a mind to try.
This hits it on the head. Most rap IS just some friends basically improvising over a generic beat. It may be fun to do, but it isn't much fun to listen to. (Most) Rap music is not music for the same reason comic strips and political cartoons are not art. They are both merely stylized commentary on a variety of issues.
"Quem notrum ignorare arbitraris, Catalina!" --Cicero

Re: Music You Hate

Maul64 wrote:
KarrothMelu wrote: For example, I know people who have rapping contests with each other. And they sound just like stuff on the radio except without the electronic effects and what not. I prefer music that can't be done by anyone who has a mind to try.
This hits it on the head. Most rap IS just some friends basically improvising over a generic beat. It may be fun to do, but it isn't much fun to listen to. (Most) Rap music is not music for the same reason comic strips and political cartoons are not art. They are both merely stylized commentary on a variety of issues.

you were able to successfully string a whole bunch of very big words together in a very intelligent manor and for that you receive

+1 scooby snack

Think of scooby snacks as Gale points only more valuable because at the moment there is only one in existence
Those with nothing to loose have the most to gain. Long live the Miner!