looking for a new laptop

My laptop is about to die and I was wanting some opinions for what I should get to replace it with

So some general questions

What is a good price?

What is a good brand?

What brand has the best screen longevity (my screen is going out that is why my computer is dying)?

What brand has a durable power supply (also going out)?

What is the minimum specs you recommend for a light gaming machine?
Those with nothing to loose have the most to gain. Long live the Miner!

Re: looking for a new laptop

If you are getting new laptop, make sure you get the 2nd generation cpus (core iSeries).

What is a good price? -> Depends on what use you have for it. If internet is what you seek, just get a cheap one (particular note the ram / cpu and if it has an on board graphic card or not)

What is a good brand? -> 1.Dell 2.HP and then the rest (Personal Opinion)

What brand has the best screen longevity (my screen is going out that is why my computer is dying)? -> I haven't heard any real issues related to brands for this.

What brand has a durable power supply (also going out)? -> It is mostly based by model rather by brand. If I had to choose a brand, Acer usually produces models that last a long time without the need of electricity. Acer in general provides cheap laptops but they generally lack in general quality (case, keyboard, plastic used is generally cheap).

What is the minimum specs you recommend for a light gaming machine? -> The first you will need for a gaming laptop is a good graphics card. There are so many though. For a start make sure it supports DirectX 11. 1GB Ram should be more than enough but this is not a way to judge it either. Here is a site that provides benchmarks about graphic cards: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Gra ... 844.0.html

=====
An excellent choice is:
HP Pavilion dv7 (core i7 2630)
Just try to find a model with 6GB or 8GB ram. 4GB will do but I would prefer more as the pagefile + simple usage eats about 2.5gb

The particular model is 17" wide and comes equiped with a great graphic card (ATI Radeon HD6570)

You can find it with Blue-Ray or not
It's ram is DDR3

All in all, it is a lot better than a lot more expensive laptops. It is a high end machine and can be a bit expensive though. It is just the top selection for a power user right now and I mostly posted it to get an idea of how a powerful laptop is right now.
======

Zorg wrote: What is a good brand? -> 1.Dell 2.HP and then the rest (Personal Opinion)
This I have to disagree with, Dell can be a good brand, but with it being mostly proprietary if something goes wrong, you will pay more to fix it. but much like zorg that is just my opinion
They may not like me, but they've gotta respect me!

TheLegendRjsturgill wrote:
This I have to disagree with, Dell can be a good brand, but with it being mostly proprietary if something goes wrong, you will pay more to fix it. but much like zorg that is just my opinion
Have to agree with this opinion, I have always avoided Dell with a passion. With laptops I will usually go HP and maybe Samsung (which I use right now).

If you decided to get a desktop instead of a laptop, don't go buy from a major company like Dell or HP, you can use online stores that let you build your desktop from scratch and arrive either fully constructed or in parts to let you do it yourself, this method almost always nets you a better machine for much less than you would pay to buy a pre-built system from a company like Dell.

Good example is this site, which I use religiously; http://www.overclockers.co.uk/
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...