Re: Programmers?

There are a lot of things on the internet, believe it or not, that introduce you to programming languages and concepts. You can google what you're interested in and I'm sure there's a lot to be found. If you can't find what you're looking for, I bet the people here could help, too :P

If you want to get into a programming career, might as well start early ;)
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

Yes, there will be downloads. It all depends on what language you want to do. I'm not an expert by any means, but my first experience was with Java. It's object-orientated and was originally designed to be easier than other languages (although they sacrificed some functionalities for this).

Java download

I also use BlueJ when I program (it makes certain parts easier).
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

In my opinion the easiest language to start with is VB, if you have some brains and do a bit of research you can easily get to grips with this language within a couple of weeks, from scratch.

You can obtain the entire Visual Studio (which includes VB, C++ and C#) here for free.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Well, I'm not a programmer by any means. I have little experience, but getting stuck on a bug and fixing it...it just feels so accomplishing.

I'm getting into HTML right now, which isn't really programming, but is enjoyable none the less. It's also very easy to get into.

Programming is great :dance:

I am a student studying computer games programming, very enjoyable and definitely leads to a fun career.
I started learning VB as my first language but my studies at the minute revolve around the use of c++.

My hobbies and studies more or less are orientated around logical thinking and problem solving, which lead me straight into the programming field, as this is really its entire concept in a nutshell :P

I'd recommend programming to anyone, its great and very easy to learn the basics, though you have to be dedicated individual.

Have to agree that the best part is once you actually get your code working and debugged :D

Chat Administrator ~ 7 Gale Points

For a less comprehensive IDE than Visual Studio, I'd recommend codeblocks :D

Its cross platform and really easy to work with, settings are really easy to manage making life so much easier when linking.

Would not be good for major applications in work enviroments but small, beginner programs it will be excellent

http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads (Binary release)

Chat Administrator ~ 7 Gale Points