"Experienced Players" vs "Trolls"

I am putting this in the suggestions box cause I think this needs to be rethought.

I am honored with the title of "Experienced Player" and a "Troll" (I self adorned myself with Troll King fyi) in the game by the wonderful forum dwellers. There have been many a case that I have felt the need to provide my thoughts feeling that it could help this game. I really am not a vindictive personality, my trolling is a source of amusement for many who reads them, if not the person who is taking it. Nothing is personal if you take offense I will say I am sorry for the way I reacted.

Anyways what I am trying to say here is I have posted numerous times on different boxes help/suggestions/bugs etc. Many had positive feed backs. But the moment my suggestions goes towards changing the view of this game under the so called set of rules it is played, I am sorry to say that i found every single time I am only perceived as a troll instead of an experienced player.

I have tried to express what I felt as right and wrong in black and white as I understand this game has hardly a place for gray areas, but last few weeks i bumped into alot of gray areas. and i passionate tried to express those areas to be dealt with. the passion was an expression due to the frustration i felt as when it came to express understanding of the game rules i found i am dealing with a set troll instead of an experienced personnel. so i thought maybe a troll might understand the language of a troll.

well i was right.. not until i started trolling my views or understanding of the situations were not given any head way. well everyone knows exactly at what point certain forum users felt the need to step in.

so my suggestion towards this community is. before you call someone experienced player, or feel the need to appreciate their ideas, please do try to understand what you mean by saying that, otherwise you might find an experienced troll instead.

anyways this will be my last comprehensive towards the betterment of this game in any form in this forum.

I will be only posting the community boxes from now on. and keep the trolling in that section only.

good luck with the pile of mud.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Re: "Experienced Players" vs "Trolls"

with all your experience can you help explain something to me. so much detail is gone into (well used as an excuse at times) to explain why we cant have "this: and must have "that" but then so many items are just there. research is such a big issue yet new players come into the game and can see every gal, every planet, every df. yet they might not even have any fleet or yard to build same.

if they cant travel to the ends of the gal, how the hell can they see whats there?

my only understanding is that its part of the game. yet if that is the case - given to all to help the game flow, why do we have so much drama on tech issues. why not just give it to the player base as they request it. we are the ones playing the game on a day to day basis.

sometimes I really cant understand a train of thought for game dev. where are we headed, what are the intended goals. help me troll ahh I mean exp player of legend.

[quote= "spy"]Anyways what I am trying to say here is I have posted numerous times on different boxes help/suggestions/bugs etc. Many had positive feed backs. But the moment my suggestions goes towards changing the view of this game under the so called set of rules it is played, I am sorry to say that i found every single time I am only perceived as a troll instead of an experienced player.
[/quote]

As a moderator I respect you as a player spy, there is no doubt that you are an experienced player noone doubts your abilities... We as moderators can understand your frustrations ( I think at one point all of us have been frustrated with one aspect of this game or another) It is the way you go about your suggestions that brings up problems... Frankly put spy you have a tendency to only see things your way and anyones input against yours is invalid and idiotic... That is where we see you go from experienced player to troll or "hooligan" if you will.

Personally I don't see you as a Troll I see you as a Experienced player that pokes fun and does some minor "Trolling" (I quote it like that because IMO It's not true trolling it is only what the Forum mods/Admins label it as) most of the reasons why you are labeled as a troll is your opinions/actions most likely make others frustrated and you might take advantage of that and poke fun at them afterwards but the main point is also kinda what Josh mentioned "You have a tendency to only see things your way and anyones input against yours is invalid and idiotic." but adding onto that you also tend to go just about borderline with the forum rules to I say that because you were clearly warned in New folder for IPM reports and yet you chose to make this topic an hour later which could be viewed as a topic only for others to respond and argue with your original post and would definitely fit under the circumstances of "trolling" should this be considered that kind of topic.
Leaving on that note read below to view what I believe is Trolling.

True Trolling
Urban Dictionary wrote:
The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
Trolling requires deceiving; any trolling that doesn't involve deceiving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccessful troll.
天壌の劫火

I don't think Spy is a Troll either, I understand completely how he feels, I went through it for many years on another game, in which all I said would happen, came true, I decided not to waste my time, trying to make suggestions, to people who do as they please, with little to no regard for the input of Players who use their developments on a daily basis, many for several years, I never understood this, and now, just don't care, I play, or not based on how I feel about the Game, and the people I have with me, many things frustrate me in the Online Gaming circuit, but I refuse to let them take the enjoyment away from what I use as Entertainment, I suspect Spy is close to that point. he won't quit, none of us will, we are addicted, That is why a "Retirement" isn't always a Retirement. :whistle:
MY KARMA RAN OVER YOUR DOGMA

MASTERS OF CHAOS-Extreme