Re: Retaining new players..

Zen wrote:
Gozar wrote:Sadly I do not think an increase in the level of the protection rule would help new players just make an increase in the amount of players that bottom feed by creating a huge fleet yet still remain in protection them selves... this would simply allow this type of player to become even bigger and more dangerous to new players.
I agree that we need new players to sustain the game. New players are the bloodline of the game and without them this game will die.

That being said, I disagree with your logic about players wanting to play under the 100K protection threshhold. This is a game play style decision and cannot be any different than the style you choose. I look at this way: if I let players get past the 100K threshhold, you personally will take the fleet. Why do you criticize my game play style? I don't criticize yours. You say do the hornorable thing and grow past 100K points, I say that is a farce. :wall:
It is a game play style for cowards imho.....u just target players who are new to the game with little fleet and knowing no-one with a decent fleet can hit you......dare I say players that play this way will cause more players to quit early on as u don't even give them a chance to clear 100k points before u crash them repeatedly....people who build huge fleets whilst staying under 100k should have fleets taken into consideration....therefore not able to hit players under 100k WITH fleet .....this is not a criticism...it's a blatant fact....

Sprog wrote:people who build huge fleets whilst staying under 100k should have fleets taken into consideration....therefore not able to hit players under 100k WITH fleet
I agree with this too, but if you make the fleet count even if in the air, then we shuld also have a layered protection as requested and suggested by several players in the past.

If you take a privelege away, you must compensate with an equal privelege. IMHO. :Doh:

Protection,Gozar's Ideas
This discussions N' Offers will go nowhere
Cuz Admin doesn't anything and when he do the thing is small
for rataining new players WE HAVE TO DO BIG THINGS AND PAY THE PRICE 4 THAT

STANDARD MUST BE REMOVED
ADS MUST BE INCREASED
AND WE PLAYERS MUST CHANGE OUR MINDS
All We Will Die One Day
and
Just Whispers Will Remain

Please explain to me how deleting and destroying a players account(which some on the standard universe have had for years) would retain players? the incentive for those standard players to stay would be 0... we would lose players....

second how would allowing more ads or putting up more ads retain players? we already have a good rate of players joining the game... They just dont stay... again i see it as no point.... Way to many flaws in your points youve brought up

We are moving away from topic zorg and most players don't want to delete a sever and will not solve retaining new players if anything a new sever that resets could help as player get a chance and can make mistakes learn new ways and hopefully open and stay in the four servers we have here all four are different that's a good thing

This is a problem we have for a long time. Here is a topic 3 years old:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9240

X-TREME managed to overcome all the rest universes, even if it is the oldest universe because it had the best rates in retaining players. Nowadays, thanks to this, X-TREME gets the bulk of our advertising budget and SPEED is 2nd. Still, they are not performing well and a large portion of players go as they came.

There are things we can do and we will do. A NEW big development era comes for ZE in this month and it will last at least 2 months. During these two months the game will be improved. So indeed, this is a good period for gravedigging and supporting ideas.

Polls help, like this one:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11668