Re: Player Protection

I think noob protection should be capped at 10k points like other games. After you reach 10k you should have a general idea of the game. So lets say I have 11k, I cant attack someone with 9.9k and vice versa. You cant have a rule allowing a lower rank player hit a higher rank player and have a rule where you cannot retaliate.

As for bashing, 5/6 times per planet is fair.

Squirrel wrote:I think noob protection should be capped at 10k points like other games. After you reach 10k you should have a general idea of the game. So lets say I have 11k, I cant attack someone with 9.9k and vice versa. You cant have a rule allowing a lower rank player hit a higher rank player and have a rule where you cannot retaliate.

As for bashing, 5/6 times per planet is fair.

Nice idea to cap the newbies with points. But isn't 10k too much ? And how about the nice bonus of farming players that never played ? This helps for a knowledgable player to climb fast...

remember tho.. fleets moving around lowers your points.. so for some1 to always stay in noob protection they just have to move there fleets around... so a time base protection zone would work best. no loop holes then :P

neoshagrath wrote:A decisive win is usually established after 2-4 attacks me thinks...
The purpose of succeeding attacks are usually to raid and drain the enemy's resources.

I dunno I never reached 10% of my storage capacity.
But that's just me... Maybe this only works in the beginning.

Sorry than i misunderstood what u were saying, i thought u were talking about the resources currently stored on a planet and not the maximum capacity of storage buildings.

i think noobie protection should just last a couple of days and then you could have some level protection to AT MOST 1000 points, by then you should have enough defences up to make whatever stock you are holding a pointless target, your base and defence should rise with the amount of stock you are holding and not balancing that right will get you hit, thats what gives the game its depth and sorts out the good players from the bad...

lots of guys are happy to come on once a day or even every few days and build a few structures and let everything grow but thats not something that the protection should allow really, it is a fighting game not sim city and if you want to build up your stock you should first build enough defences to protect it...

this "only hitting guys above -25% of your level" will just reduce the targets for the bigger guys to a point when its a little boring and fleets will just be built to take out guys that are just coming in range because they are the only targets available to them really, and lets face it, the guys at the top are the ones that put the time and effort in to the game, they are not the simmers and the protection shouldn't allow guys to just sim.

We inserted the bashing rule.
We coded the up to double your points and down to half your points.
The newcomer time may still not work 100% but this will happen soon. We will most probably set this to 24hours.

We are open to better ideas.

This new player protection rule does not work for me at all.
I'm limited to attacking 1 player in the entire game.

I cannot even raid the inactives. That pretty much puts an end to me being able to play.

In ---, the protection limit was 1/5th of a players points up to 5x a players points, but that limit was removed once both parties were above 10,000 points. I think the same thing could work here.

I think "zoned" protection might be a better choice. Players with 0-5000 points (n00b protection) are within one attacking zone. 5001-10000 (medium protection) points another. And over 10000 (advance player) points the final zone. Players may only attack within their zone of influence.

I 2nd Mintaka's opinion. The new rule is rubbish. No point playing a game if you cant "Play". Also, since this noob protection came in, Ive been attacked. I won but its not the point. I know it wasnt the one other person I can attack cos he wouldnt have been such a noob as to send his whole fleet at me and lose. This means that players below me, protected from me, can hit me which is just dumb. If someone thinks they are big enough to take a pop at a player above, I should be able to retaliate (not that I needed to in this case).

BTW, Thanks to that noob who gave me a free DF this morning! Keep your fleets coming, my recs are always hungry!

It is not possible to attack someone higher and him not to retaliate. Perhaps he launched the attack before we enabled the new system.

We modified as Mintaka suggested (limit is removed once both parties are above 10,000 points). We also made it /3 and x3.