Raiding alliance members worlds

Does anyone else find it annoying and against the moral rules of play if someone raids a team mate to bolster their raiding scores. Standard is a server with very few resources. Much harder to come by.

There may be a time where 20-25 raids will bring you in 25-30 million in raiding score.

We have been monitoring a player who has just come back from v mode. Never the greatest player before hand. Within an hour, his score jumps 125 million points raided. So, we monitor this. 4 raids later, a few minutes go by, another 75 million point jump in score.

When challenged, he argues his innocence. Denies it, as he would.

Now the story changes. It turns out he's paid a team mate (in rubies presumably as he's been contacting different players from other alliances offering rubies for resources) so that he can RAID resources from him. Is that other player aware of what he's doing, I don't know yet, he appears to be offline.

But raiding an alliance team mate for resources, getting to the top of the raiders board, fair or cheating?

Comments anyone

Re: Raiding alliance members worlds

I have accused the player outright. There is no way you can raid like that in Standard, it's an impossibility. All the usual arguments. I asked him at least three times to prove the raiding with combat reports. After a while, batting this back and forth he said he'd deleted them. Convinient. Then the story changes slightly. He has paid for the resources from his team mate, rubies? That he had messaged the admins and agreed it!

So I have reported him, as has at least one other.

And I am playing standard too and I heard you broke the rules too oz for defense bashing players so how can you report someone if you don't obbey the rules yourself just a qeustion
I will grant your death wish more and more

Okay Mafia. Off topic, but a point to answer, agreed. I did make a mistake. Not going in to details, but it was wrong. Six attacks in a 24 hour period, the last being at least two hours before I was allowed to, if not longer. Agreed, I was in the wrong, I broke that rule. It was pointed out to me in another topic by that same player. I checked what I had done. He was correct, I had indeed bashed him. The good thing about not deleting your CR's immediately. In that forum post, I apologised to him immediately. I then reported MYSELF for a breach of the bashing rules.

This topic though does not just affect me or indeed one other player. It affects everyone who strives to be the top raider. Occasionally I do manage to get to be number one, a rare thing. But, everyone else that works their socks off trying to do this, is it unfair on them to?

One player, straight out of v mode, boom, number 1 through no effort, it decries the achievements of others and brings shame on his or hers alliance.

well its easy to close your eyes to the rules for personal gain and feel good about it. That is how the world is, but once you get caught you're like wtf? why are you so being that way to me. Fact is, most ppl cant play this game and really play it as its intended and enjoy it. So what can you expect. Right now everybody is looking for ways to get stronger, look better, do it easier just to get thier name on the board. I say take the board away and see what happens

Good idea. But it is a good gauge of how you are doing against others. Perhaps if there was one in each alliance, that would be better?

We all can click on a players name, see the profile and scores. Look at the rankings tables, overall and for fleets etc.

I think I agree, do away with this.

mickylove wrote:Some alliances do this and see it as teamwork to top the scoreboards
Not teamwork at all....it is cheating the server and cheating themselves.....never ceases to amaze me the lengths people go to just to try and be top....pathetic...it's just a game :naughty: