Re: New Server is not a Good idea ! Here is Why !

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, but I am not going to make overarching claims about what should or shouldn't be done with Standard, Speed, or Massacre because I don't really play actively in any of those universes. Xtreme is a very different universe with many issues that are unique to it. If you play actively in X and tell me there is no issue, that is one thing. If you do not really actively play in X and yet still say that everything is just fine, it is understandable that people will find your opinion less credible.

There are only so many ideas and possible solutions out there. When people see issues, they should be allowed to express their opinions (either for or against such ideas) without being mocked, laughed at, or expected to come up with something "new." It may be that many "old" ideas that have been overlooked and ignored have merit, but if the playerbase is shamed when it expresses support for such ideas, the game and its community will be stifled.

Let's be constructive here (or in any convo for that matter)...

negativity is destructive, it's not fertile soil to conceive new ideas!

if you disagree with someone's idea or opinion, you should be able to voice your disagreement, but also use that voice to support your disagreement with arguments on the why.
If you do that, I myself will focus on the argumentation and not the person voicing it, I just hope that others are able to do the same!
If i don't agree with the argumentation, I will attack it, but that is what a lively discussion is supposed to be, right...attacking and proving arguments, not the speaker?!

okay...so...no new server?
well...it is sometimes easier to start from scratch with the lessons learned from older prototypes and implement them in the new(er) evelutionary sample.
Having said that, I don't think it's the case in this game/server.
Why?
There's plenty of ideas around in the forums to tweak the existing ones.
Spreading out the effort to another new server might thin the wine to where it looses it's taste, if you get my drift ;-)

TH

I know a resetting universe is not everyones cup of tea but there lots of benefits too
One being new players will get the chance to make mistakes learn new ways of play
Two zorg will find trying new updates like big one that should go wrong be easyer to fix and if they good one they then be added to the other four servers
Three new player coming into the game will open accounts in the other servers

The big thing about resetting of servers. Some players have invested a LOT of real life money in this game, whatever the server.

Real life money for a game the love and enjoy, the bread and butter players for any universe/server.

Resetting of any server, these players will have lost what they have invested in. They will not be inclined to spend more real life money on rubies if all that happens is that the game is reset. Therefore, these big ruby users, the players that make that investment into the game that keeps it going will cease to do so. Then the game will cease to exist. If they don't pay, you don't play, simple as that.

Now, I am not for a new server, but, perhaps that is the way forward. If you want to play on an even playing surface, then that is the direction to go in. However, this would bleed players from other servers. But it would attract the players that cannot stand the work of playing with a challenge. Working hard to get to the top like others do. If the latter point is the case, then perhaps a new server is the place for them to be. If they don't like the challenge, then all start afresh. But, they would soon find themselves eclipsed by others that do work hard. Then perhaps we would have these points yet again. Score resets, new servers etc etc etc ad infinitum?

Joshanddrew wrote:Personally I like the idea... But i doubt many top players will like it.

As for the real life money.... Zorg could give them the rubies they bought and used back to them and even more for supporting the game on reset so they will start the resources with a high supply of rubies
sorry...could be me...but please clarify;
are you talking about erver reset or new server, when you said you like the idea?

I believe that not resetting the server is core to the type of game;
an empire can grow for years, heck take a 3 months vacation and come back, I don't know any other game where you can do that as you can here?!

new server, I already comented on...(I think i did, didn't i?)

I may get critics for saying this...I don't care but here is my opinion. What about a tempoary server that serves as a tournament, once players are registered they are automatically registered into an alliance(I prefer to call it a team or race) after two or three months the alliance with the highest TD wins. It going to be faster, desperate people could still buy rubies to win, it would be really active and above all FUN. Isn't that why we play games to have fun. And this way experienced players won't be concentrated in an alliance they shall be randomly placed.

Thunderheart wrote:
Joshanddrew wrote:Personally I like the idea... But i doubt many top players will like it.

As for the real life money.... Zorg could give them the rubies they bought and used back to them and even more for supporting the game on reset so they will start the resources with a high supply of rubies
sorry...could be me...but please clarify;
are you talking about erver reset or new server, when you said you like the idea?

I believe that not resetting the server is core to the type of game;
an empire can grow for years, heck take a 3 months vacation and come back, I don't know any other game where you can do that as you can here?!

new server, I already comented on...(I think i did, didn't i?)
Thunder - Im sorry I apologize for not being clear, I was talking about the server reset!

To the person who brought up a tournament server, We already have a tournament server where players will start off on even footing when it is activated and play for a chance to win prizes! such as rubies and more!