Fuel Burning on Recalling Fleets

First i Wanna Apologize If My English is not As Well As You Guys
Let's Start With An Example:

You Fill Your Car With Fuel that Is Enough For 100 Km Distance
If You Go 10 Kms ov Distance Then You Decide to Return to Your Home Will Be All ov Fuel Burned?

of Course not
Most ov Duet Will be Remained

Why Must We Lose All ov Deutrium on Recalled Fleets?

it's not Even Logical

Yea ZE , You Can Get Some ov Deutrium ( Depends on Distance Paced )
But As Mind and Healthy Brain Says : WE MUST NOT LOSE ALL OV FUEL ON RECALLING FLEETS
All We Will Die One Day
and
Just Whispers Will Remain

Re: Fuel Burning on Recalling Fleets

I do not agree. Space, you would, "logically" fuel your ships, launch them, burn fuel to get them to optimum speed, then sit back, fuel spent. The only fuel that would need to be spent when that fleet is in transit is to avoid obstructions. Maybe none at all. Then, upon slowing down upon reaching your destination you would expend more fuel. These processes need to be done on whatever distance your fleet would be traveling. Therefore, regardless of if you turn your fleet around, these actions would need to be taken anyway. Therefore, "logically" the fuel spent would/should equate to the same. So, as an argument for logic, the previous posts do not add up.

Your fleet is not a car. You do not have to legislate for traffic jams, traffic signals, cattle in the road, congestion or whatever. You launch, it burns fuel. You slow your fleet, it burns fuel. You return, it burns fuel. A fleet recall, all these processes would still be performed, regardless of distance traveled. The fuel spent to get your fleet to optimum speed would be different on launch for a greater distance and on launch only. If you recall, the fuel is already spent. "Logically", You could even argue that it perhaps should cost MORE in fuel, for the heavier de-acceleration over a shorter distance, ie. recalling your fleet. If you feel that you do not have the deut to perform the task in hand, or you will leave yourself short, don't launch it?

I like your explanation Mightyoz!
doesn't completely plug all holes though...
lemme add a little bit more to your well thought out explanation;
the wrinkle i stumbled over was:
- " optimum speed"

well...the ships speeds are mentioned in the shipyard shiptype tags
you can set 1 to 100 % of fleet speed, which would make this 1 to 100% of optimum speed, not fleet max speed
(this is not the case, 100% fleet speed is maximum speed of slowest ship)

in this case, acceleration duration should then be longer for a longer flight, to reach optimum speed.
now if I were to recall mid-acceleration, I would save fuel, but not after full acceleration burn duration has completed

To be honest its a game and it a cost more than ships carrying fuel it will be a lot scripting for zorg to change on balance does not really matter when there's more important updates which we better off having that said it does get costly if u having to recall but then that ur fault if have to recall all the time

Thunderheart wrote:I like your explanation Mightyoz!
doesn't completely plug all holes though...
lemme add a little bit more to your well thought out explanation;
the wrinkle i stumbled over was:
- " optimum speed"

well...the ships speeds are mentioned in the shipyard shiptype tags
you can set 1 to 100 % of fleet speed, which would make this 1 to 100% of optimum speed, not fleet max speed
(this is not the case, 100% fleet speed is maximum speed of slowest ship)

in this case, acceleration duration should then be longer for a longer flight, to reach optimum speed.
now if I were to recall mid-acceleration, I would save fuel, but not after full acceleration burn duration has completed

I didn't say it was perfect Thunder, lol. Just my thougts. Whereas the other statement from MickyLove, more to my way of thinking really. I was just trying to put a little Sci Fi spin on things. Better to think along those sorts of lines for my imaginations point of view. Otherwise it's like playing a spreadsheet, lol.

The other statement from w_h_i_p_p_e_t, best ignored. It's not what he wanted to hear so it must be crap, lol.

If you have the deut, launch. If you don't have the deut, or not enough, don't launch. If you think it's not safe to launch, it's your choice. Simple. Don't over complicate things. But I'm sure we will have another whinge about this now.

But to put things into perspective.

Do you know why Gene Roddenberry had the idea for the transporters in Star Trek? The answer is, basically he could not envisage how the crew of the Enterprise would land the Enterprise or how he could get it to look right on screen. SO, a shortcut was for him to realise a way around the problem with a transport/teleport system. SciFI. Full of holes.