New Battle Engine 2.0 set for Massacre Debut

Greetings everyone,

We have completed the improvement of our combat engine.
Specifically, we have improved the way RF works.

Features, in titles:
-Ship to Ship RF (instead of Stack to Stack), sophisticated system to handle large numbers of ships.
-Ships choose target randomly at the end of every shot.
-RF chance is set to (RF Value - 1) / RF Value
-RF shots are independent events.

In comparison to Massacre Engine, in titles:
-RF is not as strong as it used to be.
-Simulations are even more reliable (less randomness due to better RF handling).
-Mono-stacks will no longer dominate the universe

In comparison to BE v1.1, in titles:
-Reliable outcomes
-Slightly stronger RF
-It will solve all issues in ACS attacks
-Ship to ship RF selection instead of Stack to Stack

-ACS simulator is not running yet, but we will release it soon.
-Massacre Universe will get the new engine in Monday 15, June 2015

-Some tweaking in the engine may happen till release.
-Some RF values might be tweaked if it is deemed important (feel free to post your suggestions).

New engine will replace all the ACS engines of other universes till Monday 22, June 2015.
For single combat replacement, we will first need to receive feedback.

Re: New Battle Engine 2.0 set for Massacre Debut

Ok so I've started doing some sims of lunnies vrs rips.....
I have 15000 lg vs 200 rips.
In the old engine the lgs would one shot the rips (lgs are ment to be effective against rips ) all wsa are equal..

Note that 15k lg and 200 rips... the lgs require MORE resources to build than the rips.

Total rf from lgs equates to 1-4 million extra damage with the base damage being about 73 million.
Every sim I do they lunnies lose horribly to the rips.......

Is this expected? It seems like a big buff to rips as lgs rf damage is almost non existent.
Overall rf feels far too weak, the max damage out put of rips vs bcs doesn't get higher than 30% extra from rf..
It seems like battles are just base damage vs base damage and rf can increase damage by 5-20% max.

if you sim 100k lunars vs 1000 rips and wsa equal. you lose half of your lunars and I did that sim without fodder but I guess you would lose less lunars with fodder but in old sim you lose 20k. So lunars are weaker but they still can beat rips in big numbers but yeah rips are strong in the new engine which if its ship vs ship it makes sense. I like the new sim I like ship vs ship.

there still stronger than bcs and they can do well against all other ships so they still have value it comes down to it. maybe it comes down to using good fodder with your lunars and other tricks to keep from losing more im not sure have not done enough test yet. But this will be fun to see how it works maybe it will be the return of rip fleet is the best fleet I think lunars will still be useful but we will see.

urgh... I really hope this engine is not implemented in the other universes with RF as it stands!

RIPs are already extremely powerful with crazy RF values... that in addition to the fact that they require essentially no deut to fly... Lunars are the only ships that RF against them, and even then they RF relatively weakly. I keep lunars ONLY because their ability to RF against RIPs makes them the only ship suited for taking on fleets with more than a few RIPs in them and even then the deut cost to fly them can make me want to cry.

I ran a few sims with the new engine, and I'm not liking the results I see... LG's just don't have the power they need under this engine. This new engine further weakens the abilities of lunars to take down RIPs, something that is bad for game play, and will make fleeting much more difficult. evilbass is spot on: this change will make the game incredibly slow, as the majority of big battles will become RIP v RIP. Not to mention the secondary problems increasing the effectiveness of RIPs against lunars will pose in XTREME in particular! Players in X know that arranging a ninja against the waves of 10-20k RIPs (or more!) regularly sent at players is already essentially impossible... this change will make even the thought inconceivable.

PLEASE, adjust the RF formula to give lunars back their kick against RIPs... they desperately need it! As others have already said, they are already just barely fuel efficient. If the RF formula can't be changed enough, at least increase the RF value of lunars against RIPS, but something needs to be done to ensure that LGs are still valuable ships... this engine makes them too weak to be worth it... lunars, will no longer be the Achilles heel of RIPs, but will instead simply become pointless deut guzzlers, while the reign of the RIP is further strengthened.