Re: Attack Message

Hey Guys;
we are trying to increase the Game play = activity of the player base,

--
now think about it---

if as thunder says
"A Flare" goes up to the Alliance
what is going to happen ???

Everyone in that Alliance is going to do all they can do to help out the Alliance Mate,
even those that can't are going to stay online to see what happens

--
that creates more action for the game,
more player participation in the universe
more reasons for the player base to stick around and be active
rather than going somewhere else
/

hadn't thought of account sitters, good point Sprog

...and I don't have an answer for that...yet...lol

let's make the solution to account sitting a different new topic (feel free to start one)

as it stands we almost have an agreement on this idea, we need a new discussion on the one thing that makes this option flawed...

I believe it would decrease the PVP instead of increasing it. Why would you attack a target that seems to be offline if all his alliance members could protect him? The only way to hit someone would be sending a fleet big enough to take all the alliance at once, and that is for the very few at the top.
I think the only players who would benefit from this are the ones that don't fleetsave and those close enough to collect the DF.

Fuches wrote:I believe it would decrease the PVP instead of increasing it. Why would you attack a target that seems to be offline if all his alliance members could protect him? The only way to hit someone would be sending a fleet big enough to take all the alliance at once, and that is for the very few at the top.
I think the only players who would benefit from this are the ones that don't fleetsave and those close enough to collect the DF.
Then players, you are not thinking things thru to its conclusion,
:?
what's the #1 complaint about the game
---- too many players leave the game ----
:think:
So
what needs to be done to retain the old players;
---keep new sign-in accts active;
---and recruit new players

?????

Zorg must implement into the game play the things that create the activity amongst the player base
that makes the game worth playing;
else things are going to stay the same as the are now,
and Zorg might as well close up shop and we all go somewhere else

just my 2 cents worth
they call me "DrazzuB" the backwards BuzzarD
I always do things *** backwards

Most can see what ur asking for but as individuals you have take responsibility of happens to yourgame alliances offers friendship cooperation learn new skills no alliance can provide protection from all attacks. I like to help my alliance buddies and would acs them anytime I can but at the same time they still responsible for fleetsaving when they go off line if they don't fleetsave and get hit u have to learn from it don't blame the attacker its a war game we all have take getting attacked with respect

Interesting. If someone disagrees you jump to the conclusion that he is not "thinking things thru to its conclusion". Allow me to explain things the way I see them.
I was attacked many times when I joined zorg. I could leave this game thinking that this is not fair, that my attackers are not good people, you get the idea. But I didn't. And our player base consists mostly of people who stayed despite the well known attacks sent to newcomers (I only play standard, but it looks like this happens everywhere). Now consider that changing the game in such a drastic way you may lose this base. You could earn a few players who would stay due to the protection your idea offers, but I don't think they would buy rubies if their alliance could keep them safe all the time.

Also, you claim
Buzzard wrote:
Zorg must implement into the game play the things that create the activity amongst the player base
that makes the game worth playing;
else things are going to stay the same as the are now,
and Zorg might as well close up shop and we all go somewhere else

Do you really think that being able to go offline without fleetsaving is so important that it's absence will remove our player base? That being unable to attack other players is the best way to create activity? If you enjoy this game, play it. If you need to feel safe at all times and still want to build, you can always buy some LEGO.

I believe you have good intentions, and that is why you insist in this discussion. Still, you started it proposing an increased PVP. After my argument, you changed to retaining players. If that is what this is about, there is an active discussion on the subject in the forums.

I agree there needs to be an element of protection for lower ranked players. However, I feel to do this to the detriment of others is not a good thing. In any server, you keep your fleets safe, your resources safe, what have you got to worry about? Adding little things here, silly things there, not a solution to retaining players or encouraging newer players. For the latter part of that last sentence, it will not encourage new players at all.

Retention of recently enrolled players to the Zorg Universe is the key. Have an attack report at a higher level than the players research is quite frankly wrong and unfair.

Education is the key. Perhaps a raising of the safety margin of points for newer players. Alongside that, their ability to attack others, 1/5th points ratio would have to increased to. Education, a mandatory tutorial? Would that put players off? Having to put up with tips before you can finally get on with the game. Perhaps make a tutorial in built, but with the option to swith off that option should you choose to do this?