Re: Massacre account info

Here is an idea that will both improve account transparency and help support the game... If a player wishes to swap his account then an administration fee of 100 rubies should be paid to ZE...thus it helps support the server up keep, along with making sure ZE is informed of any account swaps.. if an account is just given then the same should apply..

An easy method to control this...is when the new player changes the e-mail address on the account an automatic requirement of 100 rubies is need to process the request change.. I don't think this would be to difficult to script/implement..

It would make all account changes easy to see, without to much administration from ZE...If e-mail is not changed then the new owner risks loosing the account back to the original owner in the future... regardless if password is changed.. As a simple change of password request would automatically go to the e-mail address on the account... so if a player wishes to run that risk is the only way to avoid payment..which would be pretty dumb if you had bought the account...

If anyone can think of a reason why this is not a good idea I am sure we could iron out any potential faults...
it's a win win option..for both the player base and Zorg...

+1 from me.......getting disillusioned with a lack of policing on account swaps/trading/selling etc......free for all to do as they please .......

So a definitive yes from me....how about implemeting this idea Zorg? Think of the extra income and transparency for all.....fewer conspiracies....less game abuse...it's a win win imo

Seems a lot agree with more transpareny on account ownership etc...the ruby idea by Gozar is good for revenue....and seeing as a lot of accounts have swapped over since I made this post it means a lot of people are getting a little twitchy lol.....maybe better late than never eh Zorg ......

Gozar's idea is a good one. I would support it.

However, I will add the following caveat: I do know that accounts sometimes (maybe even often) change hands without any update to the email address. I'm pretty sure a few people may have actually lost accounts into the abyss because they forgot the password and didn't recognize the backup email. The question is, would something like this just make people even less likely to update the account email when the account changes hands?

Pulsar wrote:Gozar's idea is a good one. I would support it.

However, I will add the following caveat: I do know that accounts sometimes (maybe even often) change hands without any update to the email address. I'm pretty sure a few people may have actually lost accounts into the abyss because they forgot the password and didn't recognize the backup email. The question is, would something like this just make people even less likely to update the account email when the account changes hands?
If password is forgotten then Zorg can reset it...possibly......if u lose the original email then surely that is the fault of the account holder.....accounts that keep changing hands is exactly the point I have been making throughout ....the more hands it passes through then the more likely original email/password will be forgotten or account hacked......and good. Not introducing what has been suggested to protect a few seems over cautious.....and maybe teach those who think it right to hoard "spare" accounts a lesson if they
lose them.....account swapping/sharing/trading has been abused for far too long...this last week or so has more than proved it....If I had my own way I would everyone login via forums first before accessing server account.....call it a more secure way of logging in....make it a little harder (not much I agree) for people to collect accounts then trade at will ....although forum membership would no doubt go through the roof...and we all know why ;)

How do you police it?

I agree with Sprog though. Standard does not have this account info either.

TheSeductiveLaysine, you are honest and I applaud you for that. But many other players are not. They would not be as forthcoming as yourself when it comes to identifying themselves.

Zorg has the ability to police account changes if done the way Gozar suggests......I would even go as far as to have a seperate forum section for account changes to be made public......nice and clear for EVERYONE......no false accusations .....no hacked accounts.....I really don't see why people would object......well I can actually ;)

FTR I titled the post for Massacre....it should apply to ALL servers....for example, even though Extreme apparently has up to date account info we all know this is not in fact true