Help us create a great new universe

Greetings everyone,

As you may have heard, ZE is finally getting a new universe!
This topic will help us determine the launch date for this new universe. I will be giving you the EXACT date with a COUNTDOWN timer in late August.

Right now, odds are that the launch date will be October 1, 2016 so you will all have at least 1 month to prepare. This will clear up soon.

Now, I know that there have been countless similar posts, but it never hurts to ask again. Tell me what you want to see in the new universe, we will make it happen.

Here is the latest topic that summarizes a list of ideas we have:
http://www.zorgempire.net/forums/viewto ... =7&t=12264

Use it as a reference if you want.

Re: Help us create a great new universe

:D I am so happy to see this post. I have really been wondering about the new universe. So it will likely be launched in October.

Hmm the only thing that I"m not really sure about is the 30% DF (with 1% increase every month.) 30% seems a bit low.

But I really like the idea that we can have as many planets as we want, trade how we want to, no milking rule is gone, and that we can trade for/find rubies with expeditions. The ability to increase your defense regeneration rate seems nice to. :) I wonder what other kinds of techs/ships there might be.

What will be the max planet size, before terraformers?

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

I'm hoping for a universe with fast ships and high resource production, and was curious what the plan was concerning the speed of the universe. I like the idea of colonization tech for planets as well, so long as the cost of research doesn't become prohibitively expensive at too low a level.

I'm also hoping that an alternative has been found to low DF generation... I would like to see the new universe increase activity and PvP and am concerned that low DF generation will do the opposite and will discourage fleeters from playing the universe.

Yeah, I'm hoping for fast ships and resource production too.

That will help get it off the ground faster and probably help with retaining players :)

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

The delay is relevant to the workload. We will have the final exact day soon. We are trying to push it as earlier as possible. We wanted it at October 1 but we are not sure we will make it. October 1 was a good date but we cannot risk it even if odds are that we will be ready. Since we are not yet fully ready in terms of development. Ideally, we wanted to be fully ready already. We also want two other things; Launch in October and 30 days notice so we cannot delay much more.

October 14 is perhaps the chosen date. We will know later this week where we hope to finish the new account system.

The new universe login system will be built on .org (ZE SPEED). You will get to see the new account manager that will integrate logins for all universes in the future before the launch of the new universe.