Re: Design Plan

It is too punishing to reveal when the fleet is down. On the defender's end. I know there is a whole strategy around it but we need to look forward. There are after all 4 universes where this happens. We can try this at our next one.

Besides this, we would appreciate any feedback on every proposal. These are all still negotiable.

I agree with pulsar with the fleet pts showing all the time. this will most likely result in most of the hardcore players quickly losing interest in the server or not even registering. seriously I feel the new server is a server for babies, weaks and shells with so much changes affecting the fleeters who are also raiders thus the most active players. first it was the 30% df generation which would have killed pure fleeters, now modifying fleets pts setting to protect those who cant fs properly or dont play regularly(tourist who log for 1-2 min a day ). this game was never meant for the weak and person not willing to sacrifice their time for the game at least it was when i started 6-7 years ago. Might as well call zorg reloaded for the weak and the tourists.
want to change things about zorg to make it new, start by adding new things like some war ships or new tech one in a while. some time ago i stumble upon a game just like zorg, same buildings and fleet name. but they actually added new ships and new tech like to increase resource production, building speed etc.
plus more res for new users would help retain more players at first. most player will quit if their resources is used up in 5 minutes and they have nothing to do for hours. another idea would be to temporarily boost the production for a period of time.

a quick fix for abuse of protection rules is for a timed protection say 3 or 6 months starting the day the account was created, if you dont get the game in 6 months then you probably wont ever learn it.

Welcome to the forums (to the game too?) Devil7.

I agree to some extend to what you write. It is true that the reloaded version will be more friendly to completely newcomers. We are doing this to help the base grow again.

Unfortunately, I believe that the number of total players currently playing similar games to Zorg Empire and in general, competitive massively multiplayer games right now are few. They are also on the decline. Nowadays, most people cannot stand real competition and revert to simpler games where they can win.

I mean this for real: Why play X-TREME when players like Gozar will take your scalp? Players like Gozar will always take your scalp, if it is up to the taking, no matter if you start 1 year afterwards or a year earlier.

We are speaking of the majority of the players here. We have brought thousands of new players to Zorg Empire and a small proportion stayed. The percentages keep getting smaller.

So, we want to make a universe to attract some more people here. Existing universes will benefit from the tide. Plus, if the new server goes relatively well, the existing setup we have, plus the one in the making, will allow us to open a more "pro" universe. Right now, we have pro universes so this new prop universe can wait a bit.

I do not agree though that it will be for babies. I understand its a matter of speech but let's not create false pretenses and hit on expectations before even launch. After all, it will have some good perks that will make it very interesting for all sort of players.

I kind of understand of point of view, presenting a new beautiful server to attract new users and hope it translate to the other servers. There are many new things in the new server like colonisation tech which is good though i would fear lead to a gozar type player having a unhealthy amount of planets or def regeneration helps having players to unbreakable defenses that will regenerate even if bashed unlike fleet. so you see its not the current fleet system that led to the creation of gozar, its an unfortunate set of events and skill that allowed gozar to escape from being taken down like other top player from other servers. its unlikely to happen again.

there are many old players that will jump at the chance of a new server and changing the fleet system will reduce the amount. i dont understand how you think changing th fleet pts system will attract or retain new players, they wont even know it was different from other servers, worse even will come when they do join another server have to adapt to the current fleet pts system. its more likely new users will fail to adapt to the old servers and only play the new server thus why i called it zorg reloaded for the baby.

So my Conclusion:
Don't change the fleet pts system it will decrease the amount of old player joining the server
It will not affect the rate of new player sticking to the game
less old player mean less experienced head to help the new
creating a new players alliance and guiding the new players along with the missions to it, create a topic for tips how to play zorg which current players can fill and add it to the new player alliance when the new server begins.
having more resource at start will help player stay, current resource are too low and easily used up, new player get bored from waiting and leaves.
Finally the current fleet pts system has been a core of the gameplay since the beginning, dont change the core gameplay to get some cheap new users. it will alienate your playerbase which is the downfall of every server game.

p.s not a new player very old started 6-7 years ago, its just a new forum account.

We are leaning towards more clean solutions to all aspects of the game. There will be some key differences in this universe in comparison to the rest.
Expect any exploitation technique that has been mastered in previous versions to fail here. Not because someone will police against it but because it will not worth it.

When we are speaking about milking, we are including all these techniques that create an unfair advantage for a player against all the others, by using/exploiting other players in their will.

So, if till now it was possible for you to help your buddy that is competing for the top fleet spot by crushing your fleet on him, this will no longer work. Fleeting will be much different in this universe.

Not necessarily better or worse; just different. All will need to adjust to it. This universe might be completely different from anything you have played before. Again, better or worse, no one should be in a position to call.

What we are after, is to eventually see a universe with 1000 active players once again. That's our objective. You can't have a universe with 1000 veterans as this is hardly the total number of players still playing such kind of games daily.

So, you can only achieve this by getting more people to try and stick with this game.

Ultimately, we believe that the fun of hundreds of people smashing each other is always better than any detail employed to achieve it. Some will find it harder and some will find it easier. Will more find it more interesting to play? This is what we will try to achieve here.

Since the day we started, about 8 years ago, we wanted to stand out from anyone else. Every universe we created, was different from the previous one. Well, this one will be again the same deal; a universe different than the rest.

Surely, I know that many of you would like just another universe like the ones we have now; this can happen in the future. The new system allows us to add new universes with significant ease for us and the rest of the players. On top of this, it helps with retention rates with existing universes. We do not have any second thoughts anymore on releasing new universes.

The best part of it is that the new system also favors Tournament universes. Expect such to come twice a year, starting perhaps in June.

A good scenario would be the following:
February launch for Reloaded - with all the new things it brings
A tournament universe in June
A new universe in September, keeping the best from Reloaded and the best from the existing ones.

Then we will all be ultra happy I guess.

Zorg wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:37 am
IPMs will not target moons but moons will not have defenses.
I see that this is not the case and defenses can still be built on moons in Reloaded.... with the 90-100% defense generation rate this either needs to be changed (as you said it would be) or IPMs need to be able to target moons. Either option would work.

Devil7 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:00 pm
I feel the new server is a server for babies, weaks and shells with so much changes affecting the fleeters who are also raiders thus the most active players. first it was the 30% df generation which would have killed pure fleeters, now modifying fleets pts setting to protect those who cant fs properly or dont play regularly(tourist who log for 1-2 min a day ). this game was never meant for the weak and person not willing to sacrifice their time for the game at least it was when i started 6-7 years ago. Might as well call zorg reloaded for the weak and the tourists.
In light of actual gameplay of the server...its more hardcore for fleeters at least at the moment...hide your points or not, doesn't matter if your probed around the clock. Just means there isn't a very obvious tell. I am find it refreshing, through I am not sure if it will last.