Re: Too early to call

Pulsar wrote:
King-Immortal wrote:Stop v-moding them. Torgard and Tora's account have been v-moded in speed and who knows next?
I have to agree. This is terrible for the game. I hope this policy is promptly reversed.

Unfortunately, the powers that be see this as good for the game, it makes it more competitive in their minds. When this occurred in Extreme, the players thought it was a bad idea then, just as you do now. However, all your protesting will fall on deaf ears. They will not reverse it and management will continue to plod along in this endeavor.

Now, if they would like to bring players back to the game, why not create inactives with a predetermined set of mines, fleet and defenses. They have the power to do this in the admin control panel. It has worked well for other games. Now, I am not saying that they have to be a permanent account for raiding. Just have it randomly pop into existence for a couple of weeks and then it poof, it's gone. If you would like, I could right a php script that will do this very thing, so that it would be automatic and you would not have to do anything. I believe that would be good for the entire game on all servers. The only restriction I would place is this, the top fleeters would not be allowed to attack these random accounts. I know that will draw the ire of them, but it is time to rebalance the playing field.

Just my two cents and thanks for letting me ramble on in my fantasy world.

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

" I could right a php script that will do this very thing, so that it would be automatic and you would not have to do anything."

It will never happen. They will, as you say, plod, to a ponderous end to something that could have remained great for a long time to come.

There are not that many businesses that take a good idea and make it worse. This is one of those rare occurrences that, with the stubborness, the reluctance to believe in any ideas other than their own, the sheer intransigence that is apparent, it will surely fail. Listen to their customers? Nah!

I'm not really playing this game anymore but when i did, it really pissed me off that no one would give a damn about brilliant ideas brought up and approved by the playerbase (one could be mega's awesome idea).
this kinda went off the topic but just saying maybe it's time to shake your policies a lil bit.
fearless~
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” -Rumi

PERSIAN wrote:I'm not really playing this game anymore but when i did, it really pissed me off that no one would give a damn about brilliant ideas brought up and approved by the playerbase (one could be mega's awesome idea).
this kinda went off the topic but just saying maybe it's time to shake your policies a lil bit.

There seems to be a consensus of opinion. All will be ignored.

I simply manage my flights now days and pray for the day the game becomes interesting and competitive again. Mark destroyed X and was assisted by the v-moding. We have no active targets, and food for noobs is scarce and boring... so they quit before they get started. I came to speed because of the activity, and here we go again... I love this game, I want to continue to play this game, but it's becoming tedious, pointless, boring. I regret my last ruby purchase, should have gone to the pub instead.

Pulsar wrote:
King-Immortal wrote:Stop v-moding them. Torgard and Tora's account have been v-moded in speed and who knows next?
I have to agree. This is terrible for the game. I hope this policy is promptly reversed.
We are not vmoding anyone. This is only active in X-TREME. If you check the changelog, you will see this has been first implemented to X-TREME. While we said there that we will implement it to other universes, we eventually skipped it as the playerbase did not seem to want it.

So, to break it down to pieces:
-In SPEED, what happens are deletions of inactive accounts with less than 50 rubies.
-The accounts you have seen v-moded have been obviously vmoded by their players.

FleetHound wrote:Not even mentioning blatant manipulation of the game, and player intimidation by mods.. I choose not to rehash that travesty.
I cannot ignore this comment. Which are the mods that intimidate the players exactly? We speak about only forum mods that have no power in the game. So, will you please elaborate?

What is this blatant manipulation of the game you speak of? Can you again elaborate?