The next big thing in Zorg Empire

Greetings everyone,

August is the month of our vacation time, so we have not been greatly active in this last month. However, now we are back and ready for the next big thing in Zorg Empire.

RELOADED has been running flawlessly lately and this is crucial, as we have created a lot of new things there, entirely from scratch. This gives us confidence to move on.

I know that some of you, had some issues with the universe setup. I do not know if you still play RELOADED but I can see you still play other universes. I would like to hear again from you. In case we decide to open a new universe, we will certainly have more room to implement things your way.

After all, our philosophy is to always create universes that diversify from the rest. Our objective is to offer different gameplay through each universe. With the new account manager, it is easier to create new universes, anytime. We can virtually create new universes in 1 day, with completely different settings.

Although, we are always hesitant and skeptical as we do not want to risk the longevity of any of the existing universes. This is always kept in mind.

So, instead of doing the easy task, which is releasing a new universe, we could instead create a bunch of new features. Then decide if any universes gets it (usually,the one with less population becomes our first candidate). If not, we can always skip existing universes and implement them in a new universe.

I must say that the later is the most compelling of all. Here is a scratch:
-First, we support with improvements all current universes using suggestions already made. No big features can be implemented in this stage. As a big feature, we define anything that either needs tremendous workforce to be developed OR greatly affects gameplay (or both).
-Then, we create a few new major things. We can test them in a beta universe for a few days. Fine tune them. Then, install them in a new universe. Or use them in existing universes. Or both.

Point is, which are the most needed features for you? We got a few in mind but I will speak none. We will patiently wait for your feedback first.

Cheers,
Zorg

Re: The next big thing in Zorg Empire

I guess you are still waiting for a response. The silence is killing it! Alright, let me break it down a bit.

First, I've been here for a short time, considering the time the game has lasted. I've looked around, but a small tweeks as you say you can look into can't really be seen. The game isn't new and has been worked on for quite some time so I must say that such small things are gonna be impossible to find. However I wanna point out a suggestion that I recently saw and I have to agree with - change the pictures. That was suggested for the ships, but it can be implemented pretty much for the rest black&white pics out there like buildings and defences. I mean such pictures were taken last century and for an intergalactic space game with advanced technologies not to have a camera with colors?

As for big projects - hell yea! I think everyone could use some. I just brainstormed some ideas in my ally chat last night and I got ppl so excited about it. I have to say I've seen some good suggestions out there that have been disapproved. I know the base of this game is old, but there are a lot of things that can be implemented that are missing. I would love to see a PvE aspect added to the game. I know, we have expeditions, but is that really a PvE? As a player in Reloaded I send voyagers and I get resources back every time. I don't say this is bad, no. It's great, but I can't categorize it as a PvE, it's more like a raid on inactive - sending ships to get resources.

Another common thing for online games is a quest system. There are not much stuff that can be added as quests at the current state, but again - PvE action can bring a ton of possibilities here.

Additional PvP opportunities - have you considered adding additional PvP options? Like for example something the players to fight for in ordeer to conquer? Like for example an asteroid that you need to capture and you can mine over time for resources untill its exausted or completely refined and dissapears. Or maybe an abandoned space stations where the conquerer can build ships with a small discount for example.

I am just throwing out some stuff around, hoping to hit one of your hidden intentions. Let me know if you think something I pointed up can be tested and I will invest more time developing a viable suggestions in that direction.

Regards,
Runcho

Hello, as a old player returning to play in a new universe, reloaded, let me first say thank you. I love this new reloaded server. Now, I saw you say you would impelment new stuff in the universes with less players, why? The lack of people staying in the older servers is not cause of lack of things new, it's cause you did not put a cap on fleet and the face a unpassable amount of fleet to face. I played in x when you first started it, I will not go back there as it is to unrealistic to make it in the top twenty. Even if I fall well it would take yrs to do so, and still not happen as they would grow faster then me with their mines. I feel you should place them in the newer servers where the most new players are attracted to. And we all know it's bots planted so don't say other older universes are growing please lol. Anywho that's a different topic. I think this game does need and would benefit from a better PvE system. Even random raids from pirites ( we could ninja for df) and love runchos ideas. Also it should be more of a pvp hype to it as this is a war game yet no wars ever happen anymore. Ppl don't pvp outside of raiding and they don't do that to war, they do that as a means of res. I'll think of some ideas and state them as well. I do love how you have opened this new uni. But I must say reloaded is so young I would strongly not suggest opening a new universe just yet. I wouldn't join it and it will take even more players from already taxed older and direct new incomers to it, stunting these universes growth

It's been 2 months since the topic was started. I don't see many people jumping in and throwing ideas. I shared a couple of things on my mind in different topics around, but got no feedback from anyone on most of them.

The raiders scoreboard suggestion is a hot one I must say. I know you said to get a few small things for an update, but if such things are lacking why don't you go with just this one? I went back on the announcement forum, the last changelog announcement came at march 15th, that's more than 6 months without any updates.

Do you think it's time to give us more details about what you are planning to do? That way we, the players, may step in and give you some feedback if we like the idea or if we have something to add to it to make it even better.

I also noticed this in the release notes for reloaded:

Probable Future Implementations:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Up to 9 Military Bases (planets with no mines) - We need to see how this universe evolves before implementing this

But it's just that. Is that what you have in mind? I would like to know more about what is to come (what could come). Perhaps sharing what you are working on is what we need to wake up and get excited about the game again!

Runcho wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:26 pm
It's been 2 months since the topic was started. I don't see many people jumping in and throwing ideas. I shared a couple of things on my mind in different topics around, but got no feedback from anyone on most of them.

The raiders scoreboard suggestion is a hot one I must say. I know you said to get a few small things for an update, but if such things are lacking why don't you go with just this one? I went back on the announcement forum, the last changelog announcement came at march 15th, that's more than 6 months without any updates.

Do you think it's time to give us more details about what you are planning to do? That way we, the players, may step in and give you some feedback if we like the idea or if we have something to add to it to make it even better.

I also noticed this in the release notes for reloaded:

Probable Future Implementations:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Up to 9 Military Bases (planets with no mines) - We need to see how this universe evolves before implementing this

But it's just that. Is that what you have in mind? I would like to know more about what is to come (what could come). Perhaps sharing what you are working on is what we need to wake up and get excited about the game again!
I agree, it would be nice to hear a little more on the intent of these bases and their functionality. 9 seems excessive but as mentioned, no real data has been provided to make such an assessment.

Well, good thing is that both me and OD are kicking in reloaded. By far reloaded looks very good. I would like to see that noob protection a bit more extended than it currently is (at least to 100k). So here is the idea, combine the score board implementation of raiders and increase the noob protection, that's 2 small things right?

My hope just went up a bit more!

Lol, good then.

Glad to see that you're both doing well there.

I can't remember the poster's moniker but, he'd taken the pictures for the ship types, jazzed them up a bit. He was happy to see them being used for no gain to himself. That would have been a nifty, simple thing too. Alas, it will probably be consinged to history too.

Badgering doesn't help. Ideas are ignored. A shame that people who take the time to actually work at something, bother to post don't have their ideas taken up.

But I think at least within that one server you do have hope of seeing at least a tiny fraction of what's put forward actually implemented.