Re: The next big thing in Zorg Empire

It's been almost 5 years since this topic was started.
Truth be told, i would very much like a new universe started where everybody (old players that left due to RL and such) that wants to rejoin Zorg doesn't have to go against 50 million points and higher players.
Noob protection cap is nothing less than inviting the old players to shred you to pieces once you reach that level in the existing universes. It would be nice to return to the game and start with on equal foot with the other players. I think a new universe will bring a few players back .
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Walk with THA swagger!

There are five current servers. Watering them down again won't help. Old players who left because they got bored or didn't have the stamina to continue, well, that's their own fault. Out of the five current servers, one in particular, Standard, has a very high level of protection, set at one million points. If you can't keep your stuff safe then there's some problem with your game play. Sure, sometimes technology fails you, but more often than not, it's just sheer laziness to leave something sitting, to be taken away by the players who can keep their stuff safe, who don't get bored and walk away, that do have the stamina to continue These are the very same players that have kept the servers going whilst these old players walked away. To water the servers down with yet another server is unfair on them. Standard again as an instance, one million point protection! It used to be ten thousand points! If you can get to that million points, keep your stuff safe, then where's the problem?

Oh Oz don't you think it's time for you to join a new server yourself? I mean what is left over there? 4 active players all in the same alliance. Reloaded seems to be the only one with anything going on anymore. The first few years of a server decide who the players will be. Eat or be eaten. Once a few years pass the mines and fleets get too big for anyone to ever reach. X was great until they removed all the inactives and took any catch up mechanic out of the game. Standard was cool until Ahilles joined the ranks and proved he is the best player and crashed every player into blue(which is good gameplay). Speed is still going with limited players. The sleeping giant makes everyone play on edge there at all times so no one just parks and leaves it laying around. Even reloaded is to that point. A few players never need to lift their fleets they could leave it sitting and do nothing for months and no one would be able to build up enough to remotely come close. It's the type of game it is. Those who play well become untouchable and those who join late or are crashed a few times cannot hope to recover. That is why the only way to survive as a game is to create tournament style server every so often maybe give the winners rubies they can use on the next server. Maybe make the tournaments longer? Make it last 4 years or less. By that time you have discoved who is going to keep growing and the others have left or just hide.

OZ, I remember Boris. You destroyed him just because you could. The toxicity towards that player was so extreme that it seemed personal. So the noob protection is 1 million points? Awesome. Let's see.... you have a 541,361,882 points fleet. So when the player reaches a million points , you will probably ask him to join your alliance. At which point that player accepts or declines. I'm pretty sure he's a farm the moment he declines. Let's go to the scoreboard. 3 players active there. And no surprise there, 3 players in the whole universe. Do you call that an active universe? Just LoL. I tried to grow an account there, i stopped after a while. Just because i know who the top dog is and his ego. Your alliance couldn't even wait until i reached 1 mil points, you started defending the farms i sent my farm ships to. That is a clear signal of what i could expect once my protection cap would be reached. No thank you. It's the same in all servers right now. The top is too strong and no matter what the noob protection cap is, it's bye bye after that. you might be able to save your fleet but farming will be a problem and all your colonies resources are up for grabs if a top player decides to make you his toy. As for leaving the game years ago and saying that those players are lazy people? You know that people grow,right? Others get jobs, most players start relationships and eventually families. Priorities change. That is laziness? Oh ok. Never mind all that. I agree with Rise's suggestion about a tournament server with a longer lifespan . 4 years seems a bit long but i would join. Maybe 1-2 years? I don't think that the 3 active players in Standard would leave their server lol. I don't care about the Rubies but it's a good idea too.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Walk with THA swagger!

Ah, the twitterings of ineptitude. Lol. Never mind Sinister, you walked away from the game, your choice. Don't whinge about it because you couldn't handle the pace. Many moaners come and go, such as yourself. Boris, special case. A bit unhinged. Came along, started launching missiles for no reason whatsoever. Over and over again, bad choice of example. You said that our members defended worlds you tried to farm?? Nope, I don't think so. More like you were inept at raiding or didn't have enough espionage points to see defences on inactive worlds. That's a more probable explanation. Invite players to our alliance? The alliance has been closed for a long time, years. We did invite one player, but he went to v mode and never came back. Never attacked him. One other pm'd, asked if he could join, so we let him. He went blue too, never came back. But on the whole over the last few years we've not taken anybody in, but you wouldn't know this, you walked away from the game. Players that stuck around through the thick and thin,, we have lives too, I had three businesses when I started this, lost my wife. But I have a new partner, sold my businesses, moved country, again, moved to a new part of my home country and started again. Kept playing. Now I have more points than you can imagine. But I stuck at it. So don't whinge and moan. Poor you, you can't compete. Newsflash, you never could, hence why you walked away. Instead, you suggest watering everything down even more so that you can start on an even keel?/ lol. 6 months later, the moans would start again, and off goes Sinister for another four or five years before you can start to moan again.

Aha, the real Oz comes out and the epic flaming starts. However, this is not the topic to vent your RL issues,man. This is about a new server and ideas /suggestions regarding that. Your reputation as a mental case in this forum is well known. Who cares if you're addicted to this game. All the hundreds of players that left, you're saying they couldn't compete? That they are inept? Well newsflash for you, there were many many talented players that are 10x the player you are who left because RL took 1st place. They all made their choice. Had other priorities. So you're addicted to this game, good for you. What's to water down in Standard. The 3 active players there will not leave . Right? A new server could attract old players back and maybe even some new blood. Zorg should welcome back whoever wants to return. For a while or permanent, who cares, It's all about numbers . What you don't understand is that you're going off as a mental case and many have experienced your ramblings. Ah well, i await your next tirade. I still say that i will join a new server. Even if OZ disagrees which does not matter to me at all lol.
Walk with THA swagger!

Sinister, the instigator of many a flaming session, complaining, (As usual) about flaming. lol. Comical. A shame it wasn't intentional, your career as a comedian would be as short and as useless as your game play career.

So, you want to water things down as you walked away from the game, as you were too "busy" and are now too far behind because of this. So, your plan it to have the powers that be, create yet another server, just so that you can re-start on a level playing field, lol How selfish! What about the players that didn't give up? The players that stuck around and kept the game going? You know, the ones that put the hours, days, weeks and in your case, years whilst you walked away.

You said there are only three players in Standard? So, you can't compete in a server of nine galaxies, 250 systems in each one, with slow fleet speeds, against three players???? lol, that unintended comical side, again.

There are many players that don't like me, even hate me. Tough. I'm not too fond of them either. Across all the servers.
But do they deserve to have things watered down yet again, to suit you? Of course not.

Best thing is, either play one of the existing servers, probably not Standard in case you get "picked on, diddums". There are at least FIVE of them you know, As it is, if you're so worried about being attacked, pick a "dead server" that will allow you not to be attacked in this war/strategy game. Unless of course, it's you doing the attacking, then it'll be okay I would imagine. lol.

Either that or flounce off, yet again, for a few more years in your oh so busy little life, come back in a few years and moan again.

If you cannot play because you're crap at this, or you have a nail appointment tomorrow or getting your hair perm redone, then you will be attacked. It will give you a chance to moan before you do strop off, yet again.

You know that this is the general game discussion forum , right? I asked about "the next big thing". You had to join and start with your insults. This is not the topic for that. We discuss the state of the servers and the future of the game, not bashing other players here . Your comments are offensive, humiliating and frankly ultra toxic. "Sinister, the instigator of many a flaming session, complaining, (As usual) about flaming. lol. Comical. A shame it wasn't intentional, your career as a comedian would be as short and as useless as your game play career." ."Either that or flounce off, yet again, for a few more years in your oh so busy little life, come back in a few years and moan again ."."If you cannot play because you're crap at this, or you have a nail appointment tomorrow or getting your hair perm redone, then you will be attacked. It will give you a chance to moan before you do strop off, yet again."."Ah, the twitterings of ineptitude. "."6 months later, the moans would start again, and off goes Sinister for another four or five years before you can start to moan again. "

This is not light flaming,. No . this is something else. Sigh, i do miss the mods :)
Anyway, i hope the dev team eventually creates a new server. That would be awesome.
Dead servers like Standard are not the place new players will go to ,lol.
Walk with THA swagger!

Before taking the bother, going through every line of what somebody else writes, do the same for your own "ramblings". You mind find just as much.

There are five servers. Why is that not enough? There are differences in each one. speeds for instance to suit all.
You highlight Standard as an example, three players, which is wrong. But nonetheless, you highlighted it, why do you think there are so few players?
Perhaps the better idea, instead of Five servers, merge the those five together, make one very large server instead? Use a coefficient calculation, move everybody to one. Lots of player then, all in one lovely, BIG server. This is a better idea instead of yet anther new server set up for just one or two that have previously shown their own staying power. All the continually active players that kept things going, all in one massive server.

There is another, similar game, I won't say its name. Seemingly every month or two, yet another new server. All servers are dead, so, they create a new one. It flourishes for a month, six weeks and dies, before the cycle starts again. You want this to suit yourself? Selfish.

What about differentiating the ships into more specific roles and adding the ability to intercept a hostile fleet. Like if light fighters had RF against RIPS or something so that the mix of ships is more strategic. Cruisers could also fill a new niche since the speedy aspect of them doesn't seem to matter as much later in the game. Same goes for heavy fighters.
-Jack