Re: Where art thou generals?

We would love to launch a Generals Universe. The past attempts have all been successful in terms of gameplay. However, they were all disastrous in terms of income as they all ended up costing more than they made. This is currently a big obstacle. The biggest however, is that General Universes have a symptom. While they start full of players, only few remain active till the end of it. Most of the players desert it at like week #2 where top positions are somewhat decided.

What I mean is that players that end up in #50 or #100 positions or worse, do not really have interest to continue playing for the rest 2 weeks.

So, the recipe for success in order to overcome both problems above are numbers. If we had a larger number of active users per day, we could launch it. Right now, it is more important to increase the number of daily active players.

In less than a month, Zorg Empire will become 10 years old! We are exploring a number of options on what to do to both celebrate and help the game longevity at this point. Feel free to share your view.

Reward the longer lasting players somehow, the ones who've stuck with the game through thick and thin.

Also, social media. Blitz it!

Use the voting system as used in other games, a reward for voting up Zorg in lists of this type of game. Also, make the buying of rubies EASIER, not overreliant on the truly crap PayPal. Those who cannot use it have little other option. The options that are there, you don't get the same rates per cost. So, some are penalised because PayPal is a no go for them. People who cannot use the truly C R A P become second class.

Might I suggest having the resource income drastically reduced, while keeping fleet speed the same if a new server/generals is suggested? I think the reason ranks are decided is the snowballing of mines. Having a more clamped income would cause small raiders a better chance for catching sleeping giants.
This coming from a once top speed raider, raiding takes years, literal 3-5 years, to catch someone who might have only started 8 months before you, this is largely due to the same reason investments make more the earlier you invest.
As a now sleeping giant, I can say I sleep comfortably, knowing maximum effort still doesn't surpass sleeping investments.

I'm with Oz here - payment is a painment. Last year (I mean 2017 lol) I wrote a complain that I wasn't able to take advantage of the Ruby sale because of the restrictions I had. Paypal wanted me to create an account and I didn't want to create an account just to buy rubies. Up until now when a new sale came out I never had any other use of such account. See topic https://www.zorgempire.net/forums/viewt ... =2&t=12671

I am not sure how, but I managed to find a place where I could and I actually did purchase Rubies last time. It took me a lot of effort and a couple of days to find a computer that allowed me to get a transaction without an account. This year I wanted to get rubies as well, I tried several times again from several computers but at the end they all wanted me to make an account for the transaction to go trough. There is 1h left for the special so this time I ain't getting rubies. I also don't see the text option right now so I guess I will just have to last with what I was lucky to get.

10 years is long time, I am happy to be here with you for this achievement. I did play zorg a long time ago in the very first few years, but didn't last long. I guess I am getting wise now and sticking around. I do appretiate that you are reaching out to us for suggestions for the anniversary, but the forums are actually full with good suggestions. As much as I would love to see you apply some of what I've came up with there are also a lot of suggestions from other players on the forums that have been there for ages and have groun a lot of love from everyone. I will be happy to see any update that you can throw at us, we have an amazing ammount of tought trough ideas!

I don't get why PayPal is a problem. PayPal is actually better for shoppers so an account creation should not be an issue. It should allow in some countries to purchase without an account there.

Or you can use PaySafeCard? Rates are similar up to 10 Euros. The 25 euros one is slightly less.

We could add crypto currencies perhaps. If you have another payment processor in mind, let me know.