Re: New Universe - 10 years Anniversary

My idea on the repair bay is very basic as to be easily integrated (if thats even possible).

We would need 1 more outcome for ships after a battle, "damaged".

Create a buffer of how many damaged ships can be on stand by on the repair bay waiting for your order to repair.

Repair bay level increases buffer size, amount of ships repaired at the same time and decreases cost of repairing per ship.

Repairing costs deuterium.

Repairing has to be manually started, ships on the repair bay would be immune to attacks(?)

This is the rough idea as I have no experience in game or whatever designing. Lots of tweaks and changes because there's some ways it probably can be abused.

If this site's backend is written in anything but PHP, I'd be willing to offer my services although not for free.

If it's PHP though, and I have a feeling it is, you should just burn it to the ground and remake everything with py flask, go gin, j spring or .node express.
Ships on the ground, ships on the ground. Lookin' like a fool with your ships on the ground...

Whats happening Zorg! so many years have passed.. went to go on chat to you know, chat.. but its gone? anyway..

NEW SERVER! whoop. the suggestions look good with these bot planets. I really do hate how slow fleets are in standard but actually that would make it much better for the casual player. speed res great! lets do it.. im ready to register, what part of the year should I be keeping an eye out for?

ye i completely agree. I hate the slow build up but with high speed mines, you can still progress and raiding will be well worth it, but with slower speeds, its more casual, your wave isn't returning within 12 min to go again, you can do a wave, its back in (no idea how slow standard is) maybe half hour 45? so its less commitment even if you want to be a top raider. as zorg is saying they want a more casual server, I think its a good blend.

I manage to raid, in Standard, over 2 - 2.5 billion in assorted res most weeks. There is one point for every thousand resources spent. So, an increase in score, potentially of 2-2.5 million points per week. Other servers, points for resources are a lot less. So to increase in rank takes longer, but fleets speeds are much higher. The point is, it's a balancing act. If this new server could be so balanced to attract players from each and every server, add in new players too, it's a great concept. Something to look forward to.